StarCraft® II

Failed to download required file...

So here's what's going on: I'm on a Mac and when I launch SCII I see the 1.5.4 patch notes and 0% initializing but after a couple minutes of stagnating the error message: "Failed to download required file. Please check your internet connection." always comes up and SCII quits.

To fix this I've tried: disabling my firewall/antivirus, downloading and replacing the .tfil file, deleting my update folder and deleting my battle.net folder but nothing helps.

Any suggestions?

(I'm sorry if the solution is on here somewhere but I already did quite a bit of research and I don't feel like going through any more hassle.)

Edit: It might also be worth noting I'm not on a college network or w/e and I've played/patched SCII from my current location/network before without a problem.

Thanks,
Edited by Arganis on 1/16/2013 9:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Can you post your latest AgentError.log? This should be located in /Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent/Agent.1544 and the format should be AgentErrors-YYYY/MM/DD-[Random Numbers].log .

Make sure you remove any personal information, like computer/username from the log.
Edited by Machkhan on 1/16/2013 9:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
So I found the folder you indicated and there are AgentErrors but none of them are dated of 2013, should I just post the most recent one?
Reply Quote
Here's the latest AgentError I have in the 1363 folder:

#-----------------------------------------------------------
# System started at 2012-12-17 23:37:51.8101
# system: The Orchard - Mac (3)
23:38:01.1567 SimpleUpdater - Applying incremental patch failed. Error code 2600
23:38:01.1567 SimpleUpdater - ERROR: The patch "CodeResources" could not be applied. (CRC mismatch: expected 0x6c0e4b64, actual 0xf4f38cd8.)(PTCApply_BSDiff failed.) If this problem persists, you may be able to solve it by uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. If you are unable to correct this problem, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (BNUpdate::PTCApply)
Edited by Arganis on 1/16/2013 9:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Sorry I meant agent 1544. My bad. Please post the latest one. I need to update my macro...
Reply Quote
lol np, here it is:

# System started at 2013-01-16 17:49:37.0859
# system: The Orchard - Mac (3)
17:50:38.1003 Updating Error: 2212

And from looking at other logs it seems like it's always the same error.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Ok, so yea, it is a download error, which means something is blocking that file.

Can you send me your system information and your whole Battle.net logs?

Obtaining your System Information and system.log
Snow Leopard (10.6) and older versions of OS X
    1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Profiler from the Apple Menu
    2. When the System Profiler is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
    3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location. Make sure the file format is "System Profiler 4.0 (XML)"

Lion (10.7)
    1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Information from the Apple Menu
    2. When the System Information is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
    3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location.

Obtaining your system.log
    1. Using Finder, Navigate to /Applications/Utilities and open Console
    2. Click system.log on the left side bar.
    3. On the menu bar, click File, and select Save a Copy As. Make sure the file is saved to the desktop for easy location.

Submitting your system files
    1. Open a new email message, and attach the items as an attachment.
    2. Send the email to macsupport@blizzard.com with the subject as "Attn: TonyM". Make sure you include the Thread title and URL address. This way it gets routed to me so I can take a personal look.

Please note: This method is only used for sending information after files are requested for additional review. This is not to be used a a form of contact, as this box is monitored only when files are requested. No replies are sent from here.

Obtaining Battle.net Logs
    1. Navigate to /Users/Shared
    2. Right-click the Battle.net folder and select Copy Battle.net
    3. Right-click anywhere on the Desktop and select Paste item.
    4. Go into each sub folder (Agent, Agent.[build], Client, Blizzard Launcher.[build], Setup) in the new Battle.net folder on your desktop and delete the all following apps:
  • Any Agent.app (the application itself)
  • Any Blizzard Launcher.app (the application itself)
  • Error Reporter
  • Any World of Warcraft, Diablo III or StarCraft II Setup files
  • 5. Now right-click the Battle.net folder and select Compress "Battle.net"

Now you can email the compressed (zip) file to macsupport@blizzard.com. This way I have all your logs and can investigate further. Make sure you put the URL and thread title in the body so I can know what issue we're talking about.
Reply Quote
Alright I'll do that, thanks for your help.
Reply Quote
I'm having the exact same issue on my Mac. Machkhan, should I start a new thread or can you help me here? Thanks.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
@Arganis- It looks like this issue may be related to a permission issue. I found this line in the Agent Download logs:

18:03:12.3626 File Error: 18ba1359e2ced42bd32b423b10fb9f1133285016 file (/Applications/StarCraft II/Mods/Challenges.SC2Mod) error: Permission denied
Please do me a favor and try this to see if it helps. It should resolve the permission issue.

Resetting permissions on the Starcraft II folder
    1. Select the Starcraft II folder
    2. Press Command + I
    3. In the Info box, go to the Sharing & Permissions section and click on the lock and unlock it, entering your admin password when prompted.
    4. Make sure you have Read & Write permissions
    5. Click on the Action icon (cog wheel) and select Apply to enclosed items
Edited by Machkhan on 1/16/2013 3:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
@MisterWiggle - Try the step above first. If that doesn't resolve the issue, then send me your information.
Edited by Machkhan on 1/16/2013 3:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
Sent.
Reply Quote
This worked for me, thanks!

Resetting permissions on the Starcraft II folder
1. Select the Starcraft II folder
2. Press Command + I
3. In the Info box, go to the Sharing & Permissions section and click on the lock and unlock it, entering your admin password when prompted.
4. Make sure you have Read & Write permissions
5. Click on the Action icon (cog wheel) and select Apply to enclosed items
Reply Quote
Should have checked this thread before I went ahead and did a clean instal of everything, never go to try that advice and now things are much worse... <_>
Reply Quote
What would be the process to reset permissions on a PC?
Reply Quote
Omg thanks you this worked for me!
Reply Quote
dosen't work as there is no apply to enclosed item
Reply Quote
and every time i closed it, the lock is sent back to being lockes,please help

:(
Reply Quote
I also tried doing this but to no avail please respond so I know what to do next if it is not working
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]