StarCraft® II

Game freezes for a sec at the beginning

I play sc2 with MBP2011 13"
Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
Software OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)

and every time when I play sc2 it freezes for couple of secs at the beginning.
It shows my base but freezes for a second.
I thought it is network problem but it wasn't.
It bothers me at the most when I play 1vs1 because when my workers start working, opponent already collecting 15-25 minerals. I play with mostly low setting and the FPS is 60-70 frames during a game. the freezes only happens at the beginning.
I'm hoping HotS's automatic worker control would help a little bit for this issue but still need to be fixed.

Any solution?
Reply Quote
I'm new here so I don't know how to find my settings for SC2 as a text file. Where can I find it? It's not something I have to type manually, right??
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Do you know how many seconds? Is it the same every time?

Have you tried to repair your game to see if it helps? It might help to reset your Battle.net cache as well.
Reply Quote
the both of solutions are not working for that. it is the same every time and it passes 10-12 secs when i start.
Reply Quote
Ok I tested in different games. All the single play games appeared to be frozen for a second but it was a lot less than quick match games and game time did not pass when it froze. I tested a game with only A.I. in custom game, and it froze also and game time passed for about 9 secs. It really bothers me. My roommate is play sc2 with older MBP than what i have but it does not freeze. Any solution???
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Can you test with today's patch and see if the issue persists?
Reply Quote
It got better. It's not severe as before. It delays about 7 secs now and the freezing effect on the screen appears better also. However, it still has the effect. I'm not really sure what it is really about. One last hope for me is automine in HotS. Still I wish it can be fixed tho.
Reply Quote
No response.. great. I'm willing to provide all the information you need to fix this.. I'm sure I'm not the only one who experience this.
Reply Quote
Hello, i have the same problem ! it freezes for 10 - 12 seconds, i have a MBP 13" 2.9 I7 , 8GB ram , and version 10.7.4 .
Reply Quote
hi. i have the same problem like YMP. When i play sc2, every 2 minutes it will freezes for 2 -5 seconds, and the D3 too. anyone have a solution?

My computer:
window 7 ultmate
intel i5 3570k
g-skill 16 gb
asus z77 v-le plus mobo
ati radeon 7870
samsung 128 ssd
1.5tb hdd
samsung 16x dvd drive
650w cosair psu
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]