StarCraft® II

PvZ Questions: Immortal-Sentry and Roach max

Hello Protoss, I have two questions regarding PvZ play.

1. An Immortal-Sentry allin can be shut down by a massive wall of spine crawlers. If I break of my aggression, my opponent simply cuts back with an undefendable swarm of roaches. What can I do to either evade is static defense or defeat his army?
Reply Quote
If he made a ton of spines, it means he has a smaller number of drones than he needs, and the more units you force out the better.

You also can elevator your army into his main with your Warp-prism, and use the prism in phasing mode in his main to reel in reinforcements, bypassing the spine wall completely :)
Reply Quote
I think Immortal sentry all in still beats roaches in a straight up fight, go back expand or go col all in, you need good forcefields to beat max roach
Reply Quote
If there are tons of spines then he had to cut somewhere. He can't afford to have all the drones, and all the army and all the spines. i think if you see all those spines, you should be able to take a third and defend with some cannons, and forcefields. and probably colossus.

That is is you don't do elevator play. haha. which I will say would probably piss zerg off and be very funny.
Reply Quote
Hey, I feel like sentry-all in is very micro-intensive and thus tough to do at bronze level.

Nonethless, there are number of ways to bypass spinecrawlers, one is you can lift your army into his main, but again very microintensive, but if you are in his main, you can just forcefield the ramp and at that point he pretty much lost already. But again, I don't even usually attempt to do it, my micro is not that good.

By far the best way to do it is to forcefield behind spines and start focusing them one by one, you should not lose too many units. Just take care of your immortals and don't let them die.
Reply Quote
Mass Spines won't stop Immortal Sentry, just warp in 2-3 cycles worth of zealots and stalkers ram through it with Immortals leading the charge. The Zerg having spent so many resources on spines won't have much in the way of an army. That being said, IMBA IMBA IMBA IMBA IMBA.
Reply Quote
Warp prism into his main and laugh at his total lack of army due to how much money and drones he poured into spines.

Spines are probably the worst response to the immortal sentry.
Reply Quote
Warp prism into his main and laugh at his total lack of army due to how much money and drones he poured into spines.

Spines are probably the worst response to the immortal sentry.

Which is why I saw someone beat Parting's warp prims + Immortals/entry using ling/spine, uprooting spines as needed and moving them to the main or nat. Admittedly, probably nto the best strat for noobs, but it sure can work.
Edited by BlackAdder on 1/20/2013 1:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
spines are NOT the worst choice. I dunno what you guys are talking about lol.

and using a prism to move to high ground? if you are 2 base all-in immortal+sentry, you're not gonna be able to elevator that much crap without the zerg noticing (if he's any good).

then you'll lose half your army and cry.

op: when you do this build, try to at least kill the third base. go wherever the spines are not. You have 2 choices really: 1. crush his army and win the game. 2. force units/spines/etc. so that he's really defensive with roach, then simply switch mass coloss and preserve your immy+sentry army. coloss will crap on spines, gg, you are prolly on 3 bases yourself and way ahead anyway.

GL!
Reply Quote
The PvZ matchup is broken, and the only people who disagree are ABSOLUTE GOSU zerg players, probably most/all terran players, and of course: any protoss player. You all are cowards.

It's not broken. I was losing a lot of ZvPs and thought Toss might be better suited for me so I switched. I do enjoy playing Protoss more, but I hit high Plat at both (even hit Diamond briefly as Zerg). If you're frustrated, switch. But race imbalance isn't keeping you down any more than it's keeping me down, I guarantee it.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 08:14 AMPosted by BlackAdder
But race imbalance isn't keeping you down any more than it's keeping me down, I guarantee it.
+1
Reply Quote
Calvin the problem is with consistency. Aim for a time and attack at that time.
If you attack at 7 minutes in 10 games straight I'll be you that each time you will have different amounts of units. These problems can only be identified by looking at what time you choose to attack, and deciding which games had the best army turnout.

Never attack because you think the army is sufficient, attack because it's the right time. If your army was too small, then try again at the SAME TIME but pump out more units. I can't stress enough that this game is all about timings, not army size.
Edited by Graboid on 1/22/2013 9:18 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]