StarCraft® II

SEA / AUS / NZ / Japan Connection Issues

(Locked)

I would have submitted a ticket last week for help, but that button has been blacked out for me for the last month. So as far as I can see there is no way to get customer service from Blizzard. What's the next step, contacting consumer affairs?
WOW..thanks
so is there anywhere pass the black out button ?
It appears that us.depot.battle.net is resolving to IP address 68.232.45.253 when it should be resolving to 12.120.152.128. To fix just this one IP address you can just add an entry to the hosts file instead of screwing with DNS settings (usually located at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts) to do so open the hosts file with wordpad or notepad and add the following line (you may need to run wordpad as an administrator to save the hosts file)

12.120.152.128 us.depot.battle.net

Why the great minds at Blizz want you to change your DNS completely instead of just the one broken IP address I don't know.
It appears that us.depot.battle.net is resolving to IP address 68.232.45.253 when it should be resolving to 12.120.152.128. To fix just this one IP address you can just add an entry to the hosts file instead of screwing with DNS settings (usually located at C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts) to do so open the hosts file with wordpad or notepad and add the following line (you may need to run wordpad as an administrator to save the hosts file)

Why the great minds at Blizz want you to change your DNS completely instead of just the one broken IP address I don't know.

I am finally in, thankyou
Thank you Spazbog, this fixed it - nice and easy method
Edited by Huskie on 1/27/2013 4:30 AM PST
"clientsidecache read http file not found starcraft" when I try to join melee game.
Ok I have tried this but I can't seem to follow these step and subsequently run the programs as admin... any ideas?

Blizz should hire you, and shame on them.

Good job, fixed my situation.

01/27/2013 06:08 AMPosted by Ghost
Ok I have tried this but I can't seem to follow these step and subsequently run the programs as admin... any ideas?

Right click on wordpad and run as administrator. Next find and open the file folder, change it to "all file types" so it will appear in the list of files.

You need to open wordpad first and then the file, not open the file using wordpad.
Edited by Forthwind on 1/27/2013 6:18 AM PST
And by this I mean when I go into hosts and try to open wordpad or notepad I cannot access any options to open as administrator...
Ok I ran admin with wordpad first, then opened up the file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts) but I don't know what you mean by changin something to all file types. When I do open the file and select wordpad when I already have a wordpad as admin running it just makes a new wordpad (not as admin). What am I doing wrong lol thanks by the way
NEVER MIND!!! I got it working! Thanks so much to spazbog and forthwind! you guys rule, and now I can finally ladder 1v1 :D
Thanks for the host file trick! That fixed it for me too.

I raised a support ticket with Blizzard and they acknowledged there is a DNS issue affecting players in Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia. However, it's not something they can fix at their end. It apparently needs to be resolved by the ISPs.

So if you're getting the problem I recommend contacting your ISP and asking if they can fix it on their DNS servers. The problem is that us.depot.battle.net should resolve to 12.120.152.128 and not 68.232.45.253.
Thanks for the host file trick! That fixed it for me too.

I raised a support ticket with Blizzard and they acknowledged there is a DNS issue affecting players in Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia. However, it's not something they can fix at their end. It apparently needs to be resolved by the ISPs.

So if you're getting the problem I recommend contacting your ISP and asking if they can fix it on their DNS servers. The problem is that us.depot.battle.net should resolve to 12.120.152.128 and not 68.232.45.253.

That is a blizzard issue not internet service provider. That means there IP addressing scheme is bugging out.
Lets look at this way. I set 1 to 10 to be my IP address's but then my DNS ( Domain Naming Server ) is handing out 11. This means the DNS is is configured wrong. Even if I connect to blizzard with Bigbadblueberry.net.au The ip address is 1.1.1.1 but blizzard is saying when I connect to there server. They are saying while connected to us you can have 12.12.12.12

Nothing to do with ISP.
Edited by Tanker on 1/27/2013 1:15 PM PST

Did not work. Download failed. Clientsidechache_HTTP_No_File_Found error's still. As for the changing of IP address. You changed the DNS nothing to do with IP address.
Also Please note. When you add something to a file that is in the core files to the operating system you are on your own. You need to think and know what you are doing before doing it.
I was unable to load maps on US server for a few weeks now got a client side cache error.

added google dns 8.8.8.8 and flushed dns and was able to log in fine.
Thank you Spazbog, it worked for me too !
Blizzard, FIX THIS ON YOUR SIDE, we paid for this game, you chose to not let us have LAN, your actions botched up the login, so fix it or give us the ability to play the game we paid for with our friends, without logging into battlenet.

EDIT: FFS I cant even log a support ticket, the button is greyed out, BLIZZARD get it together or provide refunds. The issue is on your side, not every ISP in the SEA region.
Edited by Fakuna on 1/27/2013 5:37 PM PST
That is a blizzard issue not internet service provider. That means there IP addressing scheme is bugging out.
Lets look at this way. I set 1 to 10 to be my IP address's but then my DNS ( Domain Naming Server ) is handing out 11. This means the DNS is is configured wrong. Even if I connect to blizzard with Bigbadblueberry.net.au The ip address is 1.1.1.1 but blizzard is saying when I connect to there server. They are saying while connected to us you can have 12.12.12.12

Nothing to do with ISP.

You're getting confused with DHCP sir.

Did not work. Download failed. Clientsidechache_HTTP_No_File_Found error's still. As for the changing of IP address. You changed the DNS nothing to do with IP address.
Also Please note. When you add something to a file that is in the core files to the operating system you are on your own. You need to think and know what you are doing before doing it.

The only risk in adding the suggested entry to the host file is if Blizzard change the IP address of us.depot.battle.net.

In that situation you would then need to either update or delete the host file entry since you won't get the new IP address from an authorative DNS server.

Thanks for the fix.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]