What zerg really need

You can't have a good solo unit when you have the larva mechanic.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 04:46 PMPosted by Linkebungu
infestor. solo, is completely useless.

IT good unit.

He said solo...4 IT are sh1t
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 09:36 PMPosted by Nasreth
baneling drops. all it takes are 2-3 banelings with +2 melee dropped in a mineral line and you lose everything. you really have to make a lot of defenses to stop these from being pretty destructive.

Except you drop 3 mules and you have a fully saturated mineral line again. Vs toss and zerg it does do a lot of damage though.
Reply Quote
Zerg works in the swarm so naturally they don't have solo units.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 05:18 PMPosted by Linkebungu
These are two different games, there's no point comparing SC2 to BW. 1 supply hydras doesn't matter in SC2, 2 supply queens don't matter. I can understand you wanting SC2 to be as good as possible, but I feel like the game you really want it to be is BW, which Blizzard has said they don't want SC2 to be.

Sc2 is a direct sequel of BW and it's based on the same ideas.
Protoss has expensive but strong units.
Terran is the all-around good race.
Zerg has cheaper, weak units in large quantiites.

This website even says that Zerg has strength in numbers.
You say that 1 supply Hydras and 2 supply Queens don't matter, but they do matter, because Zerg isn't supposed to have a smaller army of weaker units, it's supposed to have a larger army of weaker units.
Reply Quote
IDK if any one has noticed this but depending on the position of your starting base you may or may not have a very minor advantage over your opponent because when the drones hatch they might be further away from the mineral field if the mineral line is above the hatchery this dose not particularly affect my level of play but it may have some minor affects on tournaments or in masters leagues.... just some thing to ponder / fix
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 05:46 PMPosted by OmGYoLO
He said solo...4 IT are sh1t

I have no idea why you would use an infestor with 100 energy over an infestor with 200 energy to harass.

01/25/2013 11:16 AMPosted by Migrax
Sc2 is a direct sequel of BW and it's based on the same ideas.

Blizzard has said (I'm not sure exactly where the quote is, but if you really care I'm sure it's not too hard to find) that SC2 and BW are meant to be two different games. Yes, they're both starcraft, but that doesn't mean they have to play exactly the same.
Reply Quote
The Zerg really needs an Ultralisk that can stomp on tanks, swat vultures like flies, and shrug off a row of siege tank blasts to the face.

Then we'd be set!
Reply Quote
What i think zerg needs is, first, a strong anti air unit, cuz common, corruptors are ok but carried, voids and battlecrusers will ##%#@#*@ them anytime. Then, we need a strong early game unit, like seriusly, a terran can get siege tanks and thors so quickly, and toss can get immortals pretty quick too, but us? Our strong ground unit is the ultra, but it takes for ever to get to them, same goes with broodlords, takes half an hour to get them. Terrans have something called battlecruiser rush, protoss have void ray rush, and us? Mutalisk rush? 1 anti air tower and its bye bye mutas. And also a anti air early game unit, like seriously, terrans primary unit is the marine, can easily kill an scouting overlord and supply block the zerg, and toss get a gateway, cyber and boom, stalkers, and us? Pool, then lair, then hydralism den, and THEN we can get hydras, and dont come and tell me that queen are good anti air unit early game, cuz its only usefull in creep, so yeah... And for those people that say we have lings taking 1 supply, how many lingz do we need to kill one marine? Especially when they micro the marine?Or a zealot, and come on... Marauders? Talking about op units? Just as cheap as a roach, but it rapes a roach, and has a longer range, and stalkers too, they are cheaper than stalkers and they ##%#@#*@ them aswell... In my personal opinion, idk why they are calling it heart of the swarm, they might aswell call it heart of the humans cuz as far as i know, they keep making terrans stronger(sorry for that irrelevant comment)
Reply Quote
Blizzard has said (I'm not sure exactly where the quote is, but if you really care I'm sure it's not too hard to find) that SC2 and BW are meant to be two different games. Yes, they're both starcraft, but that doesn't mean they have to play exactly the same.

20 hours ago

I understand that they're different games but they kept the same races and say that Zerg has strength in numbers. Maybe it's a mistake? They also made a mistake saying that the Swarm Host is an artillery unit and gives you map control. When players gave feedback on the Swarm Host, Blizzard simply said "You're doing it wrong" and offered no insight into how the unit is supposed to be used. The bottom line is that Blizzard says Zerg is a "swarm" and has "strength in numbers" when it has the smallest force of all three races.
Reply Quote
What i think zerg needs is, first, a strong anti air unit, cuz common, corruptors are ok but carried, voids and battlecrusers will ##%#@#*@ them anytime. Then, we need a strong early game unit, like seriusly, a terran can get siege tanks and thors so quickly, and toss can get immortals pretty quick too, but us? Our strong ground unit is the ultra, but it takes for ever to get to them, same goes with broodlords, takes half an hour to get them. Terrans have something called battlecruiser rush, protoss have void ray rush, and us? Mutalisk rush?

Speaking of air units, I made this video to show how Dark Swarm was used in Brood War. Dark Swarm existed in the alpha version of Sc2 but it was removed, leaving Zerg with no defensive spells and removing the Hydralisk's ability to function as anti-air batteries in small groups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnEINikOulo
Reply Quote
I had a brilliant idea, bring a unit in like the devourer from SCBrood war, except can attack land units too and has a health increase plus a attack speed increase. I mean come on, 3 seconds between attacks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]