StarCraft® II

CLIENTSIDECACHE_READ_FILE_NOT_LOCAL

I am getting the subject line error popup when I attempt to select any map on single player versus AI in SCII.

A few days ago my game automatically updated to version 1.5.4 upon opening SCII. Since that time, I have been unable to access these maps and play new games versus AI. I tried the cache flush that was recommended on similar map-missing posts to no avail. I also tried trashing my entire SCII folder and re-installing from Battle Net. Nothing has worked thus far.

I can still log into Battle Net, play the campaign mode, play saved games versus AI, play the challenges, etc.

I am playing on a MacBook Pro with OS X Version 10.7.5

Thank you.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Looks like you may be affected by our known issue in the Australia, New Zealand, Japan areas region where some ISPs are having DNS issues. Try switching to Google's DNS server to see if this helps.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using
Reply Quote
I also got this problem and hope someone can help.
Reply Quote
Looks like you may be affected by our known issue in the Australia, New Zealand, Japan areas region where some ISPs are having DNS issues. Try switching to Google's DNS server to see if this helps.

Thx Machkhan I have resolved this problem.
Reply Quote
Thank you Machkhan! I apologize. I should have specified that I am in Japan. Your clear instructions worked, and I have my maps back.

I appreciate your timeliness and professionalism.

All the best,

Balthazar
Reply Quote

MegaKill
BS. Why do we have to change DNS settings? Your patch has broken my game. Can I uninstall the patch?
Reply Quote
I concur with MegaKill. I didn't even want the patch, but it wouldn't let me play without it.
Reply Quote
Thank you. Two days since I posted the question and no response.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
If you're in the South East Asia region, then this is a known issue with some ISPs when connecting to North American servers. This isn't something that we can address on our side, as the happens before the connection reaches our servers. This can also happen with a few select ISPs in other regions.

The domain name server (DNS) helps translate domain names (like us.blizzard.com) into an Internet Protocol (IP numbers like 12.129.242.31) which then can properly get mapped to the right resource. What is happening is that the game is trying to get to it's end destination but when it attempts to go though the ISP's DNS, the servers are not translating the IP number correctly or at all, thus having this issue. This is why using a public domain name server (like Google's) works for now.

The workaround listed in the link above can help you get back into the game until the issue is resolved.
Edited by Machkhan on 1/29/2013 8:55 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]