StarCraft® II

RPstarter

I have noticed a lack of RPs around here and I am a terrible DM so I decided to start a little thing where people post RP ideas and then if anyone wants to they can DMing.

My Ideas:

Something like SS in terms of the different races and such though it will be more open though their could be stricter rules on racial super weapons

Something like CPOK with the whole commanding the units though it would be set in SC1 and each race is fighting for control of a Xel Naga artifact.

Something like my RP Lost though if you want to do that yu need to contact me as I have important plot points and stuff.
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 03:25 PMPosted by MechaGhidrah
Something like SS in terms of the different races and such though it will be more open though their could be stricter rules on racial super weapons

Mecha, SS failed for a reason, a good one. Stop trying to resurrect it. If I bring anything back from it, I will bring back it's amazing storyline. Then I will make your standard squad RP or something from it.
Reply Quote
Why did it fail exactly?????? Also you could make every custom race HAVE to have a HUGE weakness.
Reply Quote
No, it failed because the very nature of it. When you say all custom races are allowed you open a door to what I like to call, "Unstoppable forces vs. immovable objects." It makes for anger, raging, flaming, other nasty stuff. Human nature provails over the internet.

Also, the timing was horrible. People were blood-thirsty during peaceful times, and people wanted peaceful times during battles.

That combined with the fact that I left at inopportune moments made DMing nearly impossible. Soon anarchy reigned and everyone just did whatever the !#@$ they wanted with their custom races... Lol... Pretty soon the RP was "Totaled" meaning it took more work to repair the RP then to just start it over. Since it had crashed and burned so bad, everyone was also mad at me(Not that I blame them.).

All in all- SS type RP's dont work.
Edited by MarkusDaWise on 1/19/2013 3:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah... Lets not bring SS back. Though, Darreus and the Shadeweavers have a few places in my mind...

I had a few ideas for some RPs, mind if I list them? As a DM, I kinda suck. So, to pass time, I come up with a variety of story lines, and explore them. Some of them could work quite well, methinks...
Reply Quote
What was CPOK? I may know what it is, but im not feeling smart right now.
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 05:16 PMPosted by Korozain
What was CPOK?

Concentia - Planet Of Knowledge
and Mecha you do realise that this was done in 'To pool all of our collective RP ideas'
Reply Quote
Conscientina, Planet of Knowlege

I looked at that and it seems to be not working.
Edited by MechaGhidrah on 1/19/2013 5:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
then why do you think this will work?
Reply Quote
Because it is more focused
Reply Quote
not really but whatever not returning here again.
Reply Quote
Whatever bro it just seemed like the last thread got derailed. Also I feel an RP like SS could work you would just have to do it differently
Reply Quote
I've been disconnected from DA chatrooms.... Did anybody else get disconnected?
Reply Quote
Me too
Reply Quote
"I did."
Reply Quote
Want to continue discussing here????
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 06:57 PMPosted by MechaGhidrah
Want to continue discussing here????
Ha... Ha... Ha.... You're funny...

No. We wait until we are back in the Chatroom.
Reply Quote
Well we can dicuss about RP ideas snce this IS the point of the thread
Reply Quote
GOD DAMNIT DA IS EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 03:25 PMPosted by MechaGhidrah
Something like CPOK with the whole commanding the units though it would be set in SC1 and each race is fighting for control of a Xel Naga artifact.

You clearly didn't hear me last time. The Zerg mercs, NEVER HAPPENED. A pirate used a Cerebrate that he created to control a brood. It's extremely simple. Zerg mercs won't work because of the other races. Even TC said using the Zerg was a bad idea.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]