StarCraft® II

PvT: Ghost's Nuke Red Dot

I recently played a PvT where the opponent had a novel strat, which was mass ghosts w/ nukes. I lost and didn't have an issue w/ the strat, what I had an issue with was that damn red dot. I was RED protoss & he was blue terran. He put that dot right on the decal of my nexii and I couldn't see the dot!.

I thought that clever.

I've heard that this may be a graphics settings issue, but perhaps if the chroma of the dot were different (or the dot a contrasting color) this situation wouldn't occur. I realize this is a minor issue, but it is imba and unfair to be able to camouflage the dot like this, imo.

What do 'you' think?
Reply Quote
I personally never play as Red vs Blue. I find blue units are always harder to see on the minimap so I put on the color blindness option that makes you automatically bright green and the opponent bright red. I agree that it's kind of silly to be forced into that but that's just how the game is.

What I really want is the ability to customize color settings, like be able to pick your own preferred color and have the option for the minimap to show green vs. red without it changing in the gameplay window
Reply Quote
Red and green is the color blind. Red Green is friend and foe colors instead of team colors.
Reply Quote
How to hide your nuke dots in Starcraft 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbC5fOQbKqM

-gejsiv
Reply Quote
shows you how to abuse all the glitches of the red dot.

gl&hf
Reply Quote
you can change your and your opponents color mid game with one of the buttons along the minimap... not sure which off the top of my head, but mess around with those.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Artisian
you can change your and your opponents color mid game with one of the buttons along the minimap... not sure which off the top of my head, but mess around with those.

I think its ALT+F changes you to bright green and your opponent to bright red (with allies as yellow)
Reply Quote
thanks everyone for responding. i was 'too excited' at my match's results to consider the red/green-enemy/friend colors option when posting. i also don't play too many team games, so it didn't really occur to me.

i'm also an advocate of a 'army color preference' option on ladder, which would seem about as easy to implement as the current map preference option. players could just rank their preferences and the matchmaker would filter the results and solve any conflicts during load-up.

it's amazing the lengths players go to, searching for some advantage hidden in the game's 'quirks'....very clever and determined...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]