StarCraft® II

Achieved Rank 1 Master 2v2 RT as Protoss

01/24/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Solomon
I've learned 2v2 in and out. I know every pattern, every build, every strat. I also know how to hard counter all of them. If my ally listens, it's auto win.

lol ok then.

01/24/2013 05:44 PMPosted by Solomon
What's your 2v2 rank again?

LOL

Bragging about team game rank.
Reply Quote
nobody gives 2 phoques about 2v2 games.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 03:48 PMPosted by WhyLater
I like how many of your strats use phoenix. :)

Unless you're fighting double terran, phoenix are your backbone. Even then, you need at least 4, two per side, patrolling against drops.
Edited by Solomon on 1/25/2013 10:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
for pt vs zz, you should just go 1/1/1 and 3gate robo one base all in. no need for fancy phoenix stuff.
Reply Quote
I did this a while ago with a gold friend, I cannon rushed and he 10pooled every game and we got to rank 1 in our region 2v2s. Team games don't mean much.
Reply Quote
I was going to post some sort of polite congratulations until I realized how arrogant you are... 2v2 is where I go to play with my friends that are learning the game. I tool around and try ridiculous DT prism rushes while my bronze friend gets the hang of building a barracks.

Why would you ever feel special when that's your competition? Everyone knows the serious competition in sc2 is in 1v1. Team matches are fun but nobody puts any weight in your team league or ranking.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 11:36 AMPosted by Oboeman
for pt vs zz, you should just go 1/1/1 and 3gate robo one base all in. no need for fancy phoenix stuff.

How many zealots do you suggest in this plan?
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 01:29 PMPosted by Badloss
I was going to post some sort of polite congratulations until I realized how arrogant you are...

I didn't' start arrogant, I had gold 2v2'ers telling me my starts don't work.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 06:03 PMPosted by Solomon
I was going to post some sort of polite congratulations until I realized how arrogant you are...

don't take it too hard, there's always gonna be frustrated wanna-be-pros who can't even make it out of gold, in any type of game, to rain on someone's parade

congrats though, interesting strats and kudos for approaching 2v2 seriously, which is a really underestimated format with plenty of potential for strategy...

I love 2v2 as well but haven't been playing as much lately... (gold in random teams)
not that I have your knowledge or ability but at least I try to play it strategically but I'm getting tired of playing with random players who have no idea of what they are doing.... (and yeah, I've lost games because of mistakes I made, I don't mind when others make mistakes, but it's much harder to take when you have teammates who don't make units for 10 minutes or do other silly things like that)

peace, thanks for posting your strats
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 01:11 PMPosted by venom
I did this a while ago with a gold friend, I cannon rushed and he 10pooled every game and we got to rank 1 in our region 2v2s. Team games don't mean much.

I know players who have cannon rushed/ 6 pooled/marine rushed their way to high master 1v1, I guess 1v1 games don't mean much as well then ;)
Reply Quote

Phalanx maybe, but don't try to pull a strawman on me. I'm saying that I think it's bull!@#$ that you claim that you're perfect every game and that you only lose because of your teammate. Let's rewind:

So basically whenever you lose its your teammates fault?

Correct. +1

I've learned 2v2 in and out. I know every pattern, every build, every strat. I also know how to hard counter all of them. If my ally listens, it's auto win.

I was planning on saying, "Good job!" but then I read that. Your strats are solid IMO, but I doubt you only lose because of your teammates.
Edited by blitz on 1/25/2013 6:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 06:03 PMPosted by Solomon
I didn't' start arrogant

Yeah saying that the only way you can lose is if you have a bad ally isn't arrogant. K lol
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 06:02 PMPosted by Solomon

How many zealots do you suggest in this plan?

not many.
primarily marine/tank/banshee + immortal/sentry/stalker.

zealots aren't important because you are mainly taking advantage of the fact that siege tanks and forcefields own the !@#$ out of zerg. You want mainly ranged units so that you can write gg in forcefields without getting in your own way.
Reply Quote

Lol.
Reply Quote
Grats on your achievement OP. I like you was 'ignorant' that 1v1s were the only merit of skill. I was told that since I was bronze in 1v1s and plat in 4v4s I was still a bronze player (despite only playing a total of 3 games in 1v1s when I was still gasp bronze in teams). So I switched to 1v1s and 150ish games later I became plat in 1v1s. The shock! :O Even more shocking it took me 400ish games to get to plat in 4s?! Does not compute.

Anyway, keep doing what you're doing and have fun with it. GL mate.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 03:16 AMPosted by RainingMEN

Lol.

Actually, that was a smart move by Solomon. Attempting to shut me down by pointing out my lowly rank.

Sadly, rank has nothing to do with being a prick that yells at his teammates for every failure. I play a lot of Arcade games with large random teams, and I've seen dumbasses like him leave games because another person isn't doing what they want, dooming their entire team.
Reply Quote

Lol.
Shutup.
Reply Quote
I had rank1 in some RT 2v2 divisions at some points in time as well, and I just let my ally do whatever they want, lol. I usually just ask what they're doing at the start of the match and try to play along with it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]