StarCraft® II

Where it Should Begin

I like to imagine my Heart of the Swarm starting off with a mini-terran campaign. Filling in the gaps of Wings and Heart. Thoughts?
Reply Quote
The novel Flashpoint already does that lol. Then again, not everyone who buys the game will want to read it. We will just have to wait and see what happens :). I'd prefer it not to repeat everything I have already read though...
Edited by Wolverine on 1/23/2013 8:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 08:42 PMPosted by Wolverine
The novel Flashpoint already does that lol. Then again, not everyone who buys the game will want to read it. We will just have to wait and see what happens :). I'd prefer it not to repeat everything I have already read though...

Yeah since Flashpoint ended with Kerrigan being send to the lab facility, HotS will more than likely start off with Nova and other Dominion forces attacking that facility.

At that point, 2 things can happen.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 10:34 PMPosted by ragnarok

Yeah since Flashpoint ended with Kerrigan being send to the lab facility, HotS will more than likely start off with Nova and other Dominion forces attacking that facility.

I'm crossing my fingers that they do leave off from Flashpoint. Maybe before the game just give a quick summary of what happened between WoL and HotS, kinda like they did between episodes in SC1. This would help fill in the gap for those who did not read. Wouldn't hurt
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 10:57 PMPosted by Wolverine

I'm crossing my fingers that they do leave off from Flashpoint. Maybe before the game just give a quick summary of what happened between WoL and HotS, kinda like they did between episodes in SC1. This would help fill in the gap for those who did not read. Wouldn't hurt

Yeah but if you recall, when we were installing WoL, they had already given the recap of what happened in SC1. My hope is during the installation of HotS, they'll do similarly...
Reply Quote
I could see the first mission kicking off with something similar to those Warcraft (or WoL) mission where the heroes need to escape such-and-such place while you encounter units that'll bolster your forces. (e.g. WC3/FT) "Daughters of the Moon" and "The Dungeons of Dalaran", WoL) second half of "Whispers of Doom" or "Piercing the Shroud")

In this case, you control Kerrigan and Raynor and work to maneuver throughout the Umojan facility while avoiding or engaging in inevitable firefights with Nova's task force. Along the way, maybe some Umojan security join the duo and Raiders on the rescue serve as the units.

Yeah but if you recall, when we were installing WoL, they had already given the recap of what happened in SC1. My hope is during the installation of HotS, they'll do similarly...
Indeed they should, after all 100K-some readers verse quickly explaining to millions of others who grab only the game largely don't know what's transpired since. 2 years between the events of the two games would seem to be a big timeline leap if they're still expecting HotS will be a direct continuation from WoL's ending.

Then again, Flashpoint's overall story only lasted about a week's course or so right? While us readers understand part of the big picture, a week or two verses 2 years doesn't actually give us the full picture...
Reply Quote
More than 2 years, it's 2 years, 7 months, and 2 weeks between WoL and HotS.

And yes, Flashpoint's storyline lasted 10 days, from when Kerrigan was deinfested on Char, to when she was taken to the Umojan facility.
Reply Quote
Are you're serious about the first part or are you pulling my leg for the fun of it? I'm honestly not sure. Far as I read HotS set 2 years after WoL
Reply Quote
Considering the number of story missions announced, 20, I really do not want any of them to be a recap if events already covered, in detail, in novels. Post Flashpoint is the only way to go. Though if they want to recap Flashpoint in a cutscene cinema, that would be fine.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 03:12 PMPosted by Eroldren
Are you're serious about the first part or are you pulling my leg for the fun of it? I'm honestly not sure. Far as I read HotS set 2 years after WoL

I said Flashpoint takes place RIGHT after WoL ends, and the story of Flashpoint itself spans for 10 days after WoL.

I did NOT say when HotS begins...
Reply Quote
Oh my bad, man. I wasn't talking about Flashpoint anymore, it was towards the first part you mentioned: "2 years, it's 2 years, 7 months, and 2 weeks". I didn't catch it but I now see what you meant there, that's the time between WoL and HotS' release dates. My mistake.

I was talking about the game's storyline how two years have passed for the Koprulu Sector since the point were WoL ended 2504 to where HotS begins in 2506. That's the storyline gap I was saying, not the long wait its been actually for us real people.
Reply Quote
Oh my bad, man. I wasn't talking about Flashpoint anymore, it was towards the first part you mentioned: "2 years, it's 2 years, 7 months, and 2 weeks". I didn't catch it but I now see what you meant there, that's the time between WoL and HotS' release dates. My mistake.

I was talking about the game's storyline how two years have passed for the Koprulu Sector since the point were WoL ended 2504 to where HotS begins in 2506. That's the storyline gap I was saying, not the long wait its been actually for us real people.

That's ok. Like I said, Christie Golden (author of Flashpoint) only said Flashpoint's ending will lead into HotS.

She did NOT say how much time passed between the ending of Flashpoint and the beginning of HotS.
Reply Quote

That's true, totally forgot about the installation screen. Been 2 1/2 years since I have seen it lol.
Reply Quote

That's true, totally forgot about the installation screen. Been 2 1/2 years since I have seen it lol.

Trust me, it was the same. The only reason I remember is because I was forced to reinstall my OS on my PC.
Reply Quote

Trust me, it was the same. The only reason I remember is because I was forced to reinstall my OS on my PC.

Haha, understandable. Ragnarok, you should think about becoming an MVP. Your very insightful to towards the lore. I would nominate you :)
Edited by Wolverine on 1/26/2013 2:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
That's ok. Like I said, Christie Golden (author of Flashpoint) only said Flashpoint's ending will lead into HotS.

She did NOT say how much time passed between the ending of Flashpoint and the beginning of HotS.
Actually I should retract back that 2 year passing since WoL statement, apparently the wikia couldn't determine their cited source and nor could I. I'm pretty sure I read a few other recent press sources that mentioned since it wasn't SCL's overview I read but I'll draw back idea until otherwise I find it or don't.

The whole basic idea I had was that Flashpoint help explained how and why Kerrigan was staying undercover with the Umojans. While they worked to treat her as the conflicts of the Second Great War had continued on without her until Nova and her task force eventually caught up with her 2 years latter. (BTW Ragnorak, what exactly were the Umojans doing to help Kerrigan? Body recovery after the artifact striped most of her zerg parts?)
Reply Quote

Haha, understandable. Ragnarok, you should think about becoming an MP. Your very insightful to towards the lore. I would nominate you :)

Go right ahead. I didn't buy WoL for the multiplayer. I'm only in it for the story.

Besides, if you really wanted to know how well I understand the lore, look at the fanfic I wrote:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7763316552
Edited by ragnarok on 1/25/2013 10:07 PM PST
Reply Quote

Actually I should retract back that 2 year passing since WoL statement, apparently the wikia couldn't determine their cited source and nor could I. I'm pretty sure I read a few other recent press sources that mentioned since it wasn't SCL's overview I read but I'll draw back idea until otherwise I find it or don't.

The whole basic idea I had was that Flashpoint help explained how and why Kerrigan was staying undercover with the Umojans. While they worked to treat her as the conflicts of the Second Great War had continued on without her until Nova and her task force eventually caught up with her 2 years latter. (BTW Ragnorak, what exactly were the Umojans doing to help Kerrigan? Body recovery after the artifact striped most of her zerg parts?)

With regards to the Umojans doing to help Kerrigan, we don't know.

All I know is this: at the end of Flashpoint, Valerian proposed to send Kerrigan to an Umojan facility where she would be safe from Mengsk's grasp (remember, at this point no one knows she can still control the swarm).

Raynor explained to Kerrigan that the Umojans would study her, try to see if there's a way to pull the remaining Zerg mutagen out of her body, and help her go back to a normal human life. Kerrigan wasn't happy about this, but agreed to do it for Raynor.
Reply Quote
And so Raynor completely forgot to consider the Prophecy and wanted to get his old Sarah Kerrigan back... Despite all that foreboding knowledge of the Prophecy Zeratul warned him about that we need the Queen of Blades to help prevent the destruction of the universe falling to the Dark Voice.

Thank for the info though man.
Reply Quote
And so Raynor completely forgot to consider the Prophecy and wanted to get his old Sarah Kerrigan back... Despite all that foreboding knowledge of the Prophecy Zeratul warned him about that we need the Queen of Blades to help prevent the destruction of the universe falling to the Dark Voice.

Thank for the info though man.

It's more like Raynor wanted his girl back first, THEN focus on the prophecy...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]