StarCraft® II

Where it Should Begin

Sorry Ragnarok, I meant MVP. Will totally check it out though
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 02:18 PMPosted by Wolverine

Go ahead. It's the largest SC fic on that site anyway, but be aware that it does go on a non-canon choice (remember the 3 WoL missions). I chose to base the fic off the assumption you sided with Nova instead...
Reply Quote
flashpoint was an amazing book
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 03:03 PMPosted by ragnarok

Go ahead. It's the largest SC fic on that site anyway, but be aware that it does go on a non-canon choice (remember the 3 WoL missions). I chose to base the fic off the assumption you sided with Nova instead...

It was, Let's hope HotS has a great story as well!!!
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 10:28 AMPosted by ragnarok
It's more like Raynor wanted his girl back first, THEN focus on the prophecy...
I see. But still, it makes me wonder why Raynor would discard the thought of the Overmind's alarming vision that the universe need Kerrigan as the infested terran Queen of Blades to confront the Dark Voice but instead priorities to have her restore as a pure o'l human. Seems like Jimmy weren't thinking things quite all the way through...

Not that it would really matter at the end of the day when HotS released. I would imagine that she would have to eventually become re-infested regardless what Raynor's desires for the two of them.
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 08:23 PMPosted by Eroldren
It's more like Raynor wanted his girl back first, THEN focus on the prophecy...
I see. But still, it makes me wonder why Raynor would discard the thought of the Overmind's alarming vision that the universe need Kerrigan as the infested terran Queen of Blades to confront the Dark Voice but instead priorities to have her restore as a pure o'l human. Seems like Jimmy weren't thinking things quite all the way through...

Not that it would really matter at the end of the day when HotS released. I would imagine that she would have to eventually become re-infested regardless what Raynor's desires for the two of them.

Yeah well to look at things pessimistically, I'm expecting HotS to have Kerrigan reinfested, and then we discover in LotV the whole prophecy was nothing but BS meant to mess with our heads...
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 10:35 PMPosted by ragnarok
Yeah well to look at things pessimistically, I'm expecting HotS to have Kerrigan reinfested, and then we discover in LotV the whole prophecy was nothing but BS meant to mess with our heads...

So You're saying that somewhere Duran/Narud will come up and he will say "You Really fell for that prophecy? HAHAHAHAAHAHHA!!!!!1!!!!!one!!!!111ONE"
and Jim Raynor will go >>?

Anyway, I think it wouldn't matter if Kerrigan was infested or not. You people have read Flashpoint, I believe you should see my point.
Also, The prophecy just said she needed to be alive....
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 06:55 PMPosted by xer

So You're saying that somewhere Duran/Narud will come up and he will say "You Really fell for that prophecy? HAHAHAHAAHAHHA!!!!!1!!!!!one!!!!111ONE"
and Jim Raynor will go >>?

Anyway, I think it wouldn't matter if Kerrigan was infested or not. You people have read Flashpoint, I believe you should see my point.
Also, The prophecy just said she needed to be alive....

I read Flashpoint, and she was much more compassionate in that book, in contrast compared to the HotS trailers, which showed only killing.
Reply Quote
I'm more concerned on how its going to end. They need to tie up Kerrigan's "re-infestation", vengeance on Arcturus Mengsk, and LotV in 20 or so missions.

This is a lot considering WoL only had 1 main theme and a small sub-plot with the protoss culminating LotV. In other words i don't Blizzard tying it all together without either a cinematic or some additional protoss gameplay, (maybe both); which leaves us to the last and greatest issue:

Starcraft 2's plot is Kerrigan centric. Which means in the last expansion, at some point in LotV we're going to have to use or "support kerrigan" in some way; in-addition to tying up Jim Raynor's story.

More than likely the last, or last few missions of LotV are going to be like WC3's Archimonde event in-which you use all 3 races opposing the hybrids; which will detract from using the Protoss in LotV. Nonetheless it will be a necessary in order to tie in all of SC2's plot-line.
Reply Quote
I'm more concerned on how its going to end. They need to tie up Kerrigan's "re-infestation", vengeance on Arcturus Mengsk, and LotV in 20 or so missions.

This is a lot considering WoL only had 1 main theme and a small sub-plot with the protoss culminating LotV. In other words i don't Blizzard tying it all together without either a cinematic or some additional protoss gameplay, (maybe both); which leaves us to the last and greatest issue:

Starcraft 2's plot is Kerrigan centric. Which means in the last expansion, at some point in LotV we're going to have to use or "support kerrigan" in some way; in-addition to tying up Jim Raynor's story.

More than likely the last, or last few missions of LotV are going to be like WC3's Archimonde event in-which you use all 3 races opposing the hybrids; which will detract from using the Protoss in LotV. Nonetheless it will be a necessary in order to tie in all of SC2's plot-line.

We'll see. I still believe they'll just do something like the whole prophecy was just to mess with our heads.
Reply Quote
Or it could just work in a "Greek tragedy" style (Where a big bad prophecy only came true because of actions taken to avoid it).

I.E. In Oedipus Rex, Oedipus was supposed to kill his father, so his father tried to kill him while he was a baby. But because Oedipus survived (unbeknownst to his father) and was adopted instead, he never knew who his real father was... until after he killed some random "stranger".
Edited by DeathTeFirst on 2/20/2013 2:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
Or it could just work in a "Greek tragedy" style (Where a big bad prophecy only came true because of actions taken to avoid it).

I.E. In Oedipus Rex, Oedipus was supposed to kill his father, so his father tried to kill him while he was a baby. But because Oedipus survived (unbeknownst to his father) and was adopted instead, he never knew who his real father was... until after he killed some random "stranger".

Possibly, we'll have to wait and see it play out.
Reply Quote
I have't read Flashpoint, and I think summarizing it at the beginning would clean things up nicely so everyone would be caught up to the present.
Reply Quote
02/22/2013 12:31 PMPosted by Soundwave
I have't read Flashpoint, and I think summarizing it at the beginning would clean things up nicely so everyone would be caught up to the present.

Yeah I'm hoping Blizzard will do that during the installation stage once we're all installing HotS on our PCs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]