Should I buy SC2 for the Arcade Mode alone?

These 1v1 and other modes are pointless to me since its impossible for me to play this game.
This RTS scene is not possible due to the people who have mastered this genre over the many years. So there really is little room for enjoyment for someone who cannot play RTS games.

But I was having a look at the mod section for custom games. And they have stuff like Left 4 die which I assume they got the idea from Valve's left 4 dead.

So its like a wave defense right?
Reply Quote
Yeah... the game can be non-beginner friendly. But playing the campaign might help you grasp the concept better.

I think so but I believe its not like fps but like 3rd person. I may be wrong but they are not really similar in turns of gameplay. Other games like aeon of storms I think, is very much like league of legends.

Feel free to flame me if I'm making a wrong statement everyone.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 11:54 AMPosted by JOHN
This RTS scene is not possible due to the people who have mastered this genre over the many years. So there really is little room for enjoyment for someone who cannot play RTS games.

Actually the matchmaking is pretty good (despite what some people might claim) and its goal is to get you around a ~50% winrate against people of your own skill level. So unless you are dead last or the #1 player on the region, you're going to eventually get a 50% win rate.

I'm assuming this is for Wings of Liberty. In the HotS beta I'm just getting !@#$% slapped left and right with no end in sight, but that's due to the lower player pools and the people there just seem to be better than most people on WoL. There are plenty of Master's players in WoL who are like gold-plat in HotS.

Er, I never actually responded to the OP's main point in my post.

So I will say this: I personally was underwhelmed by the custom games in Starcraft 2. There are some good ones here and there, and I find that the open games thing helps quite a bit, but for the most part I found a lot of the customs to be... not great. Maybe I'm just being nostalgic, but I found that Warcraft 3 customs were a lot better. Then again, I never liked SC1 customs so maybe I'm just a terrible person, but yeah, Warcraft 3 had the best customs imo.
Edited by Delmin on 1/30/2013 2:18 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]