StarCraft® II

Out of the Frying Pan III

Scott turned off the console as soon as the group arrived. "Yes, I am ready." He said, joining the group. "What did you guys discover?"
Reply Quote
"We have no reactor. This Gestalt here has no memory of who he is, or why he's here."
Reply Quote
Scott turns to the 'Gestalt.'

"Nice to meet you, I'm Scott."

[Gman's reply assuming it isn't interrupting.]

"The reactor's down? Is it something a techie can fix?" Scott asked with a serious face, he was looking for a serious answer. Assuming Torvus wasn't joking, which he probably wasn't, this was very bad news.
Reply Quote
"It's completely destroyed from what Actum said, meaning we're on back up generators only."
Reply Quote
Scott frowned, "That's not good. I noticed the life support systems were the only systems that turned on, is there a reason for that or are you just dilly-dallying?" Scott asked, mostly at Actum.
Reply Quote
"The computer gave me a few options. Life support, Defense, Offense, and AI support. Given our mission was to get the pumps running I choose life support."
Reply Quote
"Which means main distributing is damaged." I notice the funny looks. "I've been a mechanic on these ships too, not just a security officer."
Reply Quote
"Yeah the computer said it was damaged. And I don't even want to know how or why you got landed in a mechanics job." I say shaking my head.
Reply Quote
"I knew a fair amount about everything. Kinda needed to as a Wild Card for that rebellion. But, it went down hill, so I took what I could find."
Reply Quote
"You were in a rebellion?" Scott asked, then shook his head and waved his hand as if trying to push away the topic.

"Nevermind, we have more important issues to deal with. We need to repair the main power route to restore power to all systems. With the AI, defensive and offensive systems back online, we'll have ourselves a little base with turrets, security mech's, camera's, AI defense," Then meeting Actum's eyes, "And personal AI assistant."
Reply Quote
"That would be nice but first lets go report to the captain and get me my gear from the armory."
Reply Quote
"Right, the armory is the same level as the bridge. It's right along the way actually, how convenient." Scott said with the most cheerful smile he could muster, dispite their circumstances. He led the way back to the elevator that was now functioning thanks to Actum's handiwork.
Reply Quote
"I don't think staying here is a good idea. If there are natives here, this'll be a giant beacon to them."
Reply Quote
"Unless we get the defense systems running. Besides, there is no way a local can get in here unless they are interested in swimming through pumps. Besides, if push comes to shove with the natives, they'll be at an advantage if we go out there, we'll be heavily advantaged if we stay in here."
Reply Quote
"And when we run out of parts to repair things with? It won't last forever with the amount of power being consumed."
Reply Quote
Scott hesitated on that one. "I don't know how much longer our power supply will last, but I know we're looking at two months at least."
Reply Quote
"I'll take your word for it, but I'd still rather take my chances out there where I can see for myself what's coming."
Reply Quote
"I see where you're coming from, but if we get the defensive systems online we'll have hull camera's displaying everything there is to see outside." When the elevator finally came as summoned, Scott stepped in.

"What kind of terrain is out there? Jungle, volcanic?"
Reply Quote
"Swamp." I note that one of the pouches I have on my belt is dripping and I dump the water out, some disposable repair tools coming out. "Ah well, I grabbed the permanent ones anyways."
Reply Quote
"Swamp." Scott repeated disappointingly, "Fantastic." He added, his voice dripping with sarcasm.
Edited by MarkusDaWise on 1/25/2013 10:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]