StarCraft® II

No beta key = I am cancelling

I'm really surprised Blizz is so sh*tty about this, when Amazon apparently has plenty of keys and gives them out 24-48hrs after ordering, but placing a pre-order directly from Blizz on battle.net more than 2 weeks ago has resulted in nothing - so I am cancelling.

Hope your business model gets straightened out before LOTV...
Reply Quote
It really is frustrating considering they even granted me access for a week and a half then took it away. I would be interested in cancelling as well
Reply Quote
Are you sure you can't download the beta from the battlenet website? I never got any invite or key either after preordering, but I was able to download and install the game just fine.

... though probably an unrelated issue, I'm not able to play HOTS since last night because of a "Game client version mismatch with selected region" error at login. There are enough threads started today about this error to make me feel that it will get fixed quickly.
Reply Quote
At least you waited less.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7764666412
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7764666427

My problems are worse man. :(
Reply Quote
I was able to get in yesterday just by going to my account on battle.net and downloading the beta client through there (it showed that I had HOTS beta access in my list of games - twice, in fact) - I guess if you see it there, you already have access (and don't need a key). Not sure why I never got an email to that effect, but I never did.

If you don't see HOTS in your list of game accounts, open a support ticket to cancel your Blizz.net order and go through Amazon, they sent me a key in about 4 business days.
Reply Quote
I ordered from amazon and received my key within 3 minutes.

Yes i am special. Nobody is as special as me. DERP.
Reply Quote
Are you sure you can't download the beta from the battlenet website? I never got any invite or key either after preordering, but I was able to download and install the game just fine.

... though probably an unrelated issue, I'm not able to play HOTS since last night because of a "Game client version mismatch with selected region" error at login. There are enough threads started today about this error to make me feel that it will get fixed quickly.

Same for me, I pre-ordered and was just able to download the beta one day.

Good luck
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 06:36 AMPosted by Novae
I was able to get in yesterday just by going to my account on battle.net and downloading the beta client through there (it showed that I had HOTS beta access in my list of games - twice, in fact) - I guess if you see it there, you already have access (and don't need a key). Not sure why I never got an email to that effect, but I never did.

Yes, you did. You ignored it and then failed to do any research before QQing about not getting a beta.
Reply Quote
My account also doesn't show that I have access to the beta. I pre purchased the game a week ago and I still haven't gotten anything.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]