StarCraft® II

Fade: The Rise, Part 3

Chapter 2: High Tide

After spending several days in the bunker, Claude has lead you to the newly named city of Ark. Currently, you're waiting in a small building in the outskirts of the town, learning the current situation.

-------------

The general had a long, greying beard. He waved his cane furiously as he used it to point at several areas on the map hanging on the wall. The infected have been growing in number, surrounding the city in packs. So far, any attempts to send civilians by land have proved unsuccessful. Here, the general was proposing a new plan.

"We send the ships on the current to carry them all the way to a Nama stronghold, where they'll be kept until the weather clears up. With all civilians out of the way, my men will be able to kill these things off while you find the reason why it got out. Any questions?"

Claude, who has been abnormally quiet during the meeting, spoke up.

"Yes. Where am I going?"

"To supervise the city. You got your promotion a while ago. Now, move out."

Claude bows a little before leaving.

"Now, any real questions?"
Reply Quote
I look around before clearing my throat slightly.

"And what would you have us do?" I ask, curious as to what the answer might be. I'd managed to obtain new armor since we came here, and so I now had some reinforced plate, which wasn't too heavy and allowed me about the same mobility with greater protection when compared to my last set.
Reply Quote
I walk around the room. I am restless and full of energy from the last several days of inactivity. I had also grown almost to big to ride on Jason's shoulders.
Reply Quote
"Where do you want us to start looking is a better question."
Reply Quote
And I'm all by myself.... For a good thread.... I'll chill down in the underground place with a spring.
Reply Quote
I eventually stop walking around the room and curl up at the base of Jason's chair. Bored ... so damn bored. {All I want to know is when we get to do something interesting.}
Edited by TheLostMorph on 1/23/2013 6:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
Both of them just guess that since it's going to be a while.... a long while.... That they might as well soak up since they wont going to be able to converse with anyone.
Reply Quote
Am I there?
Reply Quote
OOC: If you were in the bunker, then yes. But if you were outside in the last thread, then you can choose to be in the meeting now.

"Hell. Ain't my job. It's your job to find where the dam glowies came from, not mine. I suggest you look around town and ask some questions."
Reply Quote
"Any suggestions on where to start? Maybe some one who saw where they first started coming from?"
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 02:33 PMPosted by Naitsrich
But if you were outside in the last thread, then you can choose to be in the meeting now.
Problem with that when it involves my people.....
Reply Quote
OOC: It has been a timeskip of several days. Your characters should be out of that hole by now and nearby.

IC: "You should check the barracks then. The first reports came from guards on duty."
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 03:12 PMPosted by Naitsrich
OOC: It has been a timeskip of several days. Your characters should be out of that hole by now and nearby.
But where exactly? Just give me a tad bit of help in figuring out exactly what this city is about? So I can better formulate an idea before walking into a possible military controlled section that would catch my people on sight? .....

*Light Bulb*

I have just the idea....

Are there gallows?
Edited by CrymsonRaven on 1/23/2013 3:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
I nod and stand. "Thank you general. We'll begin there. Ready Sahna, Arcis?"
Reply Quote
"Sure." I say simply, getting up and starting towards the door.
Reply Quote
OOC: Yes, there is a gallows. It's a pirate infested city.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 03:49 PMPosted by Naitsrich
OOC: Yes, there is a gallows. It's a pirate infested city.
Just one last question..... Is the city being controlled by the military right now weeding them out? Or are the pirates in control? Might as well make a post in a..... Fun way.
Reply Quote
OOC: I don't want to spoil how this city works, but you could say it's under military control.
Reply Quote
Two people were being forced to walk in front of a brigade. Two burlap sacks hiding their faces. They had been caught a few days ago on their journey back home.... They would be delayed yet again. And some sounds were cheering them on.... To the hangings. They would be showed to the world before executed, two marked.
Reply Quote
OOC: I beat my head on a wall. "Why did I have to put Bold when I meant Italics in my last IC post ... why?"

IC: {So long as we do something that isn't sitting around in a crapped bunker or room doing nothing for several days on end.} I follow close to Jason and Sahna but more or less let them walk by themselves.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]