StarCraft® II

Fade: The Rise, Part 3

The guard reads through the letter, examining it through great extent before returning it.

"My apologizes. However, I cannot simply hand them over without punishment. For a crime as serious enough to receive execution, a pardon cannot do. Yes, they may help you and lessen punishment. But they will still be unable to leave until you have spoken with the warden at the barracks."
Reply Quote
I nod. "Then remove the ropes from their neck."
Reply Quote
The guards nods back, and turns around.

"Get the nooses off and take them to the warden's office with these people here."

The guards on stage walk up, taking the ropes off their necks. However, the rope bindings on their wrists still remained.
Reply Quote
I beckon to Arcis and Sahna. "Let's go. Shouldn't take long to set this straight."
Reply Quote
I couldn't think straight, buzzing going around, vision all hazy, balance is wobbly. The pain and suffering continued. What was happening with my mind? Was death still coming for us?! No.... My imagination was playing tricks on me. It had done so since our capture. I wanted to have somewhere to fall back to, but it ain't working.
Reply Quote
I follow beside the two marked, still mad but not quite as much now. Thank you Jason.
Edited by TheLostMorph on 1/25/2013 7:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
I wouldn't leave them if it was an option.
Reply Quote
Yeah ... I'm sorry for getting mad at you but I ... made a promise I intend on keeping.
Reply Quote
I understand that, but sometimes you can't keep that kind of promise, even if you want to. Trust me, I have experience.
Reply Quote
I know but ... this promise matters far more than you realize. I am still mad but I am much more subdued. My head is dipped slightly.
Reply Quote
You'd be surprised how much I realize, Arcis. Our link has only grown stronger, and I've seen what you said. It's important, but you shouldn't make promises you can't always keep.
Reply Quote
The promise I made was to protect anyone who is dragon-marked, if it is within my power. She is one such dragon-marked and in that instance I could keep it. All of the dragons in the hollow made that same promise. I will keep her safe until ... I trail off and close my thoughts to Jason.

OOC: CR I am assuming you are still interested in having a dragon partner.
Reply Quote
You are to keep her safe until such a time as you can help her find her partner. I saw that as well, however, she isn't just Dragon marked, she's also Marked, having been accused of a crime that can only be truly atoned for by death. As much as I disagree with it, that is how things are. So unless you can remove her mark, she'll never be safe, even with the King's pardon.
Reply Quote
Do you know how the marked get marked?
Reply Quote
I've found plenty of theories in my travels, but I've never put much thought into it personally. I know it usually has to do with something a community as a whole, and generally the kingdom as well, views as absolutely evil. Why?
Reply Quote
I don't mean why they get the mark I mean how the mark is given to them.
Reply Quote
Some are born with it, to atone for a parent's sin, but that's the only confirmed method I've seen.
Reply Quote
... great ... that makes removing it a lot harder. I shift to the marked girl. How were you given your mark? You don't need to reply verbally.
Reply Quote
I follow Jason.

"Quick thinking, pretty risky though."
Reply Quote
"What else could I do? I wasn't about to shoot our way out if it could be helped."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]