StarCraft® II

NA and SEA region starter edition issues.

Basically, I bought SC2 while I was living in the US. I have since moved back to New Zealand.

This didn't create much of an issue before ,as I'd just play on the NA region and couldn't be bothered trying to figure out how to connect to SEA.

However, since the bug hit where people in SEA could not connect to NA, I wanted to play on the SEA servers so that I could........ play. To do so, I had to uninstall my NA SC2 client and download the SEA one.

Long story short, after re downloading the SEA client, it now thinks I'm on the starter edition again. My NA edition still shows up as being full version, however, short of uninstalling (again) and redownloading and repatching and still being unable to play (again), is there any way to get my SEA "region" version up to a full?

Basically, I'd like to have the SEA region version whatever considered the full version so I can actually play the game. Is this possible?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
PoppRocks

Try changing your battle.net password. That has been resolving this issue for most of the people. If the issue still persists after changing your password, let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.
PoppRocks

Try changing your battle.net password. That has been resolving this issue for most of the people. If the issue still persists after changing your password, let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.

I called up support.

My problem is I guess that since I have the NA version of the game but am living in New Zealand, I'm locked into the NA version of the game and therefore cannot connect to SEA.

Apparently if you own the SEA version, you can connect to both NA and SEA. But if you have the NA version you can ONLY connect to NA. Go figure.
Edited by PoppRocks on 1/24/2013 5:07 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]