StarCraft® II

Hmm zerg opness

hi, i just wonder what I did wrong in this game please

http://drop.sc/297782

I was so ahead I thought but when zerg get infestor/ brood or ultra it feels a bit impossible to beat. I want back the old ghost with 45 snipe damage and bigger emp radius there is just no conter to infestor + t3 units.
Reply Quote
just stop playing until they fix the matchup... why fight an uphill battle?
Reply Quote
Best answere ever. Sure I will not play unitll they buff ghost or give terran some other good late game units.
Reply Quote
i advise going mech. Since the infested terran nerf, zerg basically has roaches to deal with mech. Infestors are garbage.

Go hellion banshee and go for a 160 supply 2-2 pre hive push. Most of the time they will not hold it.
Reply Quote
I'll check it out later. Winfestors are tough to beat though
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 02:39 PMPosted by John
i advise going mech
yes I know how to mech I almost meched for like 3 month. But it feels like some good zergs have discovered a hard conter to it so I am trying to get back to bio again. You know the roach muta >> mass expand bl. Or when they drop roaches in main and attack nat and 3rd at same time.
Reply Quote
I watched the replay and I know you are higher lvl than me but I did see some things in the match up that need attention.

You were way ahead of him from the start and you could have macrod him down.

The baneling hits were killing you for supply leads and cost effiecency.

You floated 2000mins-1000gas and supply blocked around the 150 food mark.

you could have had more production facilitys for re-supply also you need to add maurader production during ultralisk play.

Your tank counts were really low for all engagements and like me you were grouped with your marines during the infestor fungals which landed to stick you for baneling pops.
There wasnt constant production of tanks on both facilitys and that hurt the numbers big time. I think on 3 bases you could have constant tank production no prob, hell even add another fastory and explode those ling/bling/infest.

Again I think if you would have just macrod out 2-2 timing with just marine + tanks after that opening and had your 200 supply I bet you would have won.(You delayed your 3-3 after 2-2 completed and had the income)

I dont think its fair with the current state of the game for someone to have that much of lead and not be able to contain there opponent.

I know im lower lvl but I watch starcraft2 matches like every secound I get and even though my own play style isnt up to par yet with masters I know what I know!!

Sorry for the loss the opening was clutch!
Edited by Fongshu on 1/22/2013 3:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 03:31 PMPosted by Fongshu
I dont think its fair with the current state of the game for someone to have that much of lead and not be able to contain there opponent.

Well I think this too at times, but then remember that it is suppose to be an esport. If there was no way to come back from being behind then it wouldn't be as fun to watch. I didn't watch the replay, but I notice when I'm playing Terran against Zerg that if I let my tank count slack I pretty much always lose. Tanks are really good at keeping Zerg honest.
Reply Quote
Am I the only one still Marine Tanking it up? I guess I still do the occasional mech. That's the nice thing about the FE 111. You can do anything, just watch out for all ins =P
Reply Quote
Marine tank is very micro intensive... Till im in masters ill leave that to the pros. I like going mech just need to be careful of roachs.. Most of the time when i do lose as Mech its roachs all inning every chance the zerg gets... followed up by another and another... Kind of stinks that a zerg can all in as much as they do but thats how their race was created.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 03:23 PMPosted by StimPack
i advise going mech
yes I know how to mech I almost meched for like 3 month. But it feels like some good zergs have discovered a hard conter to it so I am trying to get back to bio again. You know the roach muta >> mass expand bl. Or when they drop roaches in main and attack nat and 3rd at same time.

There's no hard counter to mech. Its "can you get your third up and safe thereby allowing you to steam roll the Zerg" or "does the zerg keep you on two bases and whittle you down with roaches and mutas till you break".
Reply Quote
Man, on the one hand (no offense) I have no idea how you lost that. You had that game so in the bag. On the other hand you did really good job with the 11/11 and hellion marine push. So good job there. Killed his nat. Then his third when your third CC was done.

Really though what lost it was a few bad supply blocks while you weren't producing a lot of times. Probably due to frustration. And the most important reason why you lost. Your trades were SO bad. I don't know if you thought you could just A-move a win because you were ahead but the zerg got so many clumped bane and fungai hits it wasn't even funny. Looks like you were just a-moving your units a lot instead of splitting/presplitting. That's what really lost it for you. Doesn't matter how far ahead you are. Get sweet bane hits like that and winfestors. Zerg will crawl back in it. Way too cost inefficient. Could have thrown in some drops too.

Late game had nothing to do with it. You should have won way earlier on
Edited by urNumb on 1/23/2013 2:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
yeh I didnt pre split the last ultra infestor attack , because thats when i gave up and knew i was going to lose. i know I needed mauroder but I went reactor on all the rax so i couldnt basically. + yes i did supply block and so on but we are masters not "grand masters" so I bet zerg also did some small misstakes too. Still he won because... he was a better player and played a much stronger race then me.
Reply Quote
I love marine tank! its the best way to play vs zerg in my opinion :)
Reply Quote
The last attack had nothing to do with it really though. If you had just split your units better in the firt marine/hellion attack or the second attack with tank/mm you probably would have won or been even more miles ahead. And ya we all get supply blocked but I mean around 150 supply you were stuck there for a long time. You only started producing units once the ones you had got fungai'd and bane'd going down in supply (losing units). I don't really understand what you are saying. Yeah if you were gm you would have smashed his face. But since you arent you made some mistakes like this and it's a big part of why you lost the game. That's what you were asking for in the first post??

I mean if you are so worried about the end game then you didn't have a 4th when you should have probably because you though you were so far ahead and you had nothing really to deal with the mass ultras. I don't think you scanned his main/nat at all for a greater spire or ultra den. Either way he probably would have rolled you since you had no plan for broods or ultras.
Edited by urNumb on 1/23/2013 8:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
Everyone hates Infestors, especially Zerg players. There is not a viable tech path that doesn't involve making 4-6 of them every game.

The building is required for T3, instead of the Hydra Den

The root effect is not fun to watch, nor is it fun to execute.

The overly strong-ness of the Infestor is holding us back from getting the units we need buffed changed (I'm looking at you, useless Hydra)

Honestly, make it a slow (say 75%), leave the damage nerf, Keep ITs nerfed, and give us a useful T2 Hydra.
Reply Quote
Ya infestors ruin zvz to me just as bad as they ruin zvt. You can be way ahead and just flub your army into clumped fungals and its over.
Reply Quote
I personally want the old ghost back so that i can actually compete with late game zerg. I dont care if the ghost was meant to be an anti caster unit. Infestors can harrass with burrow and infested terran, destroy whole armies with fungal growth and zergling surround and they can take over big units like collusus and thors. What is the infestors purpose specifically? winfestor. Id like a unit that can win me games.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 04:35 PMPosted by SPAMMAN
winfestor

I guess emp, snipe, feedback, siege tank focus fire, small squad of marauders all dont really mean much to you do they.
Reply Quote
Ahh great idea stop playing till they make protoss stronger and buff Terran nd Zerg because of how nooby terran is and how OP Zerg is.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]