StarCraft® II

Reaper (Episode 3)

I nod and start the landing procedures. It would take some time to actually touch down since the jungle reclaimed a little more of the lab each year, and it had been at least three since the last time I visited. "I may join you in a nap. It takes a bit to find the old landing bay."
*Lowers my glasses as I do a "Mother of God meme*
Another Changeling.... Well.... I guess I should go ahead and go along with my little sub-plot that involved Alexander and his "Death".
I nodded, slowly drifting off to sleep. My dreams... they were always the same. Darkness... tied with some interlacing vision of how the Reaper planned to use me to correct the timeline... This time, however... faces began to emerge from the swirling mist... I noticed some of them now... this was the same dream as before... They were the Reapers... oddly... the Doctor and Zack's faces were no longer there... so was I correct in my judgement? A shudder passed through my body, and opened my eyes, looking around frantically. Something had just woken me up... it was that lingering presence again... I could feel it... what was it..?

What was this thing haunting me..?
I turn around, looking at Laura. "You ok? You've only been asleep for a little bit."
I look at him, sighing.
"I'm not sure... Something isn't right... I know this feeling... something bad came with it the last time I felt it... I know that for sure..." I eye the vents and the door with suspicion, huddling into my coat again, staying vigilant. "You go to sleep... I'm make sure nothing goes wrong..."
I shake my head. "I dozed off about an hour ago. I'll be fine. We're almost there anyways." I point to a clearing with a ship sized hole in it. "That's the old hangar."
Something beeps on my wrist. I glance at it and my eyes widen slightly.

"Mr. Quill, I'm afraid we will have to finish this conversation later. I will consider your offer, though."

I press a button and a guard enters the room and removes the Reaper.

A few minutes later I'm standing in front of a screen, monitoring the data with a very sour expression on my face. That accursed Ghost... meddling with my affairs.

Well, all was not lost. Only some external things. For some reason the modifications to the Zerg loyalty matrix were the only ones noticed... ha! As if I would work through that only. The changes there were primarily just to prevent Zerg interference from overriding my conditioning.

Suddenly, my mind jumps back to Benjamin Quill, and a smile crosses my face. I pick up my comm.

"Captain."

{Yes, Doctor?}

"I need you to tell Benjamin Quill that I have reached a decision, and if he wants his prize he must be hidden in Lab 5 in less than forty-five minutes. Tell him there may be a slight wait."

{Yes, Doctor.}

"And Captain: this conversation never occurred."

{Understood, Doctor.}

The trap was set... now for the bait. Just as easy. I sit down at a console and enter some commands.

The emitter in Lab 5 is tuned and online. The psi radiation is set to affect Zack's mind, and I've calculated for his resistance. He should be drawn irresistably to Lab 5 in almost exactly one hour. Once there, the emmiter should dampen his psionic capabilities, making him easy prey for the psychotic Reaper.

I chuckle. These foolish Ghosts think they can mess with me? I know every fact there is to know about Zack, and I what I don't know about Laura I can guess.

Knowledge is power.

OOC:

Zanon, I understand where the man came from, I think... and I'm frankly a little scared. But continue.
Knarled.... I'm going to have a side effect finally begin from living from Vereor.... It involves a certain substance entering the main bloodstream. Very small amount... Slowly taking over.

/TeHeHe
Uh, KO, you do realize that we're no where near you, right? Also, you realize that Zack...isn't what he used to be anymore either.
Edited by Zarkun on 1/21/2013 1:56 PM PST
Zack isn't what he was anymore, I know. But he's close enough.

And the distance doesn't matter. The Swarm was drawn from light years away by the Psi Emitters in SC1, and the same will happen to Zack. He will be simply unable to resist this psionic bait.

Also keep in mind every minute Zack spends away from his assignment (keeping an eye on Project THANATOS) is another minute in which the Doctor can be doing things the Dominion doesn't like, and therefore Zack's masters are getting more and more impatient.
Knarled.... How do you like my plan?
It should work. Though, with all the various plots from past RPs winding in, I'm beginning to become quite uncomfortable. I think this must be what other people feel like when I involve the Brotherhood.
Hmm.... Then I have to change up some things so it ain't severe.
But...you're interrupting my subplot dang it.
I look past him, sighing.
"I see. Well, into the rabbit hole we go."

OOC:
Knarled, there is a flaw in your plan. The Zerg were attracted to the Psi emitters because they simply had no higher conscious to tell them to do otherwise. Zack would have Laura, and his own mind to override his natural gravitation to the emitter, which if he couldn't, she could do easily.
I nod, feeling a slight tug at the back of my mind. However, something about it felt off, so I ignored it for now. Maneuvering the ship through the hole, several Zerglings, clearly feral, scattered. I sigh as the last one, one of them that used water, vanished into the dark of the hallways. "It's been sometime since this place was used."
I motion towards the mass of vines intruding into the hole, turning everything into a leafy blanket underneath the ship. "No sh!t, sherlock." I look around, and move towards the exit, my boots crunching against the overgrowth.
"Plants... it's always plants..." I think back to the last time I was sent to a jungle, for a mission... my target had actually fallen into a carnivorous plant, and died slowly and presumably painfully. He had my sympathy... that one... an aspiring scientist, who was on the verge of perfecting the Zerg hyper-evolutionary virus, which had been a task forced upon him by the Dominion... Such a sad thing... it was almost merciful to let him die... he was being used for the deaths of others... simple as that.
I follow, putting my helmet back on and checking my weapons. "Just...stay on your toes. Those Zerglings had to have only evolved since the day this place was shut down.
I sigh, rolling my eyes behind my mask.
"We're higher Zerg strains now. We can literally take control of them if they're feral. Unless if they have a central consciousness directing them then we shouldn't have a problem keeping them away with simple psionic suggestions."
01/21/2013 02:20 PMPosted by KnarledOne
It should work. Though, with all the various plots from past RPs winding in, I'm beginning to become quite uncomfortable. I think this must be what other people feel like when I involve the Brotherhood.

The Protoss side plot won't show up for awhile so you can rest easy.

01/21/2013 02:55 PMPosted by SlnderBurito
Knarled, there is a flaw in your plan. The Zerg were attracted to the Psi emitters because they simply had no higher conscious to tell them to do otherwise. Zack would have Laura, and his own mind to override his natural gravitation to the emitter, which if he couldn't, she could do easily.

You can always amplify the power emitted from the psi emitters...
Edited by smylez on 1/21/2013 4:34 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]