StarCraft® II

"Quick Match" not working

Hello,

Recently ( about a week now ) , I just noticed that I am no longer able to play a quick match on NA. When I go to the option, all I see is a bart that says "Select Race" , and nothing more. The "Find Match" button is disabled as well. When I switch to SEA, everything is OK.

Is there some limitations to NA now? I am currently located in Singapore, but I used to be able to play on both SEA, and NA servers.
Reply Quote
It appears as there are many issue at the moment with SEA players.
Reply Quote
I have this same issue... It's since the new patch. I can't play Quick Match, most of the arcade games do NOT work and I can't join any custom games.

My SEA account is fine, just NA doesn't work... PRETTYYYYY ANNOYINGGG

It's also the same for my HOTS Beta account... FUUUU Blizzard
Reply Quote
same issue here , have they fixed it ????
Reply Quote
Same problem here, also gettin this message at the launcher screen:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /S2/enUS/launcher/news on this server.
Reply Quote
I have this issue and its very annoying, I believe many players are having the same issue as us could someone please tell us how to fix it. I would prefer to not reinstall the game because of the large download size
Reply Quote
Ok i found a fix, thankyou Netsky for this

Blizzard (or their ISP) is !@#$ing around with network settings on their end and it's making their games unplayable (well SC2 and D3, I don't play WoW anymore).

YOU ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG. It's a problem on the Blizzard side.

Here is a work around:

(From http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7393109275?page=9#171)

Changing DNS server settings on Microsoft Windows 7

Go the Control Panel.

Click Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Change adapter settings.

Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:

To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection, and click Properties.

To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection, and click Properties.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then click Properties.

Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
Click OK.

Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.

Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:

For IPv4: 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4.

For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844

Restart the connection you selected in step 3.

Test that your setup is working correctly; see Testing your new settings below.

Repeat the procedure for additional network connections you want to change.

Blizzard (or their ISP) is !@#$ing around with network settings on their end and it's making their games unplayable (well SC2 and D3, I don't play WoW anymore).

YOU ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG. It's a problem on the Blizzard side.

Here is a work around:

(From http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7393109275?page=9#171)

Changing DNS server settings on Microsoft Windows 7

Go the Control Panel.

Click Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Change adapter settings.

Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:

To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection, and click Properties.

To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection, and click Properties.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then click Properties.

Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
Click OK.

Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.

Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:

For IPv4: 8.8.8.8 and/or 8.8.4.4.

For IPv6: 2001:4860:4860::8888 and/or 2001:4860:4860::8844

Restart the connection you selected in step 3.

Test that your setup is working correctly; see Testing your new settings below.

Repeat the procedure for additional network connections you want to change.
Reply Quote
Oh, so its only a DNS issue. hhmm that makes sense. I'll see if it'll work from my end. Thanks for the tips
Reply Quote
Thank you! this solved my problem :)
Reply Quote
i have this same problem!
Reply Quote
Thank you so much, this solution is perfect!
Reply Quote
It works perfectly for window, but about for mac? please help thanks <3
Reply Quote
My problem is the same!!!
Reply Quote
How can I fix this on a Mac?
Reply Quote
same issue happened to me here
can not join any quick mtch game....
Reply Quote
To try the DNS workaround on a Mac, see my post in this thread: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7708411977?page=5#100
Reply Quote
that's perfect!
Thanks a lot.
Reply Quote
Perfect workaround, Thanks!
Reply Quote
Recently, when I started to play SB, the system automatically informing me that my’ Bank file manipulation detected’, The system will not adding anymore updating for me and it might ban me forever in SB. Asking me to adjust my setting and so on. I did change my password but still facing the same problems since yesterday. About a years ago, when I playing in SEA, I did had a same problems once but after I change my region to US, all my data been reset by the system and at the same time, the problems gone until yesterday. Please do advice on this matter because I really don’t want to lose my special void. Thank you very much. I do appreciate your help.
Reply Quote
"Restart the connection you selected in Step 3"

Wha..?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]