StarCraft® II

Control groups problem

Hello there
Lately I've been having this issue where every once in a while my control groups are randomly undone. For instance, let's say I have my main army in ctrl group 1, my OCs in #5 so suddenly while doing other stuff or sometimes just by moving my army, i get either my OCs in #1 or my army in the #5, and it's starting to piss me off, because it slows my game by quite a bit, even sometimes making me lose unis due to building having "suicidal" rally points cuz i clicked as if i was with my army.
By the way, I'm playing on a laptop.
I hope someone with a good heart can help me.
Reply Quote
It's just a guess, but laptop sometimes has a key named Fn or something like that. This key allows to use some extra key combinaison. For example, Fn + right hand letters, are numbers like the numpad on normal keyboard. Maybe that sometimes you press Fn at the same time as Ctrl and press a letter like H to hold which would result in setting the actual selected unit to the group that would be the number for H. I'm really not sure if this is possible at all though, I've never tried to make control groups using numpad haha. I don't see any other possible things. A control group cannot change by itself. You really have to You change the control group. Only if all the units in the group die, the group will disappear for example, but this is normal and totally logic.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]