StarCraft® II

Having Port Forwarding Issues to Play SC2!

I was able to allow all port forwarding for ports listed under all blizzard games and launchers for my router and firewall on computer... except one. 3724. On computer it worked fine, but when I try to do it with the router's firewall using that port, it wont let me, it just says "Pinhole Conflict Detected XXX".

Is there another way to open this port so I don't get disconnected while I try to play multiplayer games? It's extremely frustrating! Any work-arounds or tips would be great, I can't find anything online in google, youtube, tech support for isp / router, nothing.

Useful information you may need to help:
Motorola NVG510 modem / router
ISP is AT&T U-Verse 18mbps (unfortunately)
Reply Quote
No ideas?
Reply Quote
Anyone?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hey AceBro, I see you can log on to Diablo III, StarCraft II, and WoW. Do you disconnect from all three as well? Is this happening on all of your computers?
No sir, and thank you for the reply. I maintain a great connection on Diablo III and WoW, but 80% of the time (approximately) I get a terrible connection that results in the game locking up / speeding up / catching up / then freezing again and whatnot. I looked into the ports that needed to be open in order to maintain a good connection on all games and StarCraft II is the only one (I believe) with port 3724. This port that I mentioned is the only one that I have issues with activating on my router and assume it's the cause of the issues because it's the only thing I could think of.

I have always had issues with hosting games or even trying to play league games, which sucks badly because I love to play them. It's just so frustrating lagging up hardcore in a league game and getting kicked or locked into a "waiting for host" message with the "leave" button lit up.

Edit: I forgot to answer your question about the multiple computers. I have yet to play StarCraft II or Diablo III on my laptop, so I have no idea if it would have the same problem. I just assume it's a communication issues due to me not being able to open up port 3724 because of the earlier mentioned problem.
Edited by AceBro on 2/16/2013 4:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
Any updates / research resulting from this?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
02/16/2013 03:59 PMPosted by AceBro
I have yet to play StarCraft II or Diablo III on my laptop, so I have no idea if it would have the same problem. I just assume it's a communication issues due to me not being able to open up port 3724 because of the earlier mentioned problem.

Were you able to test on your laptop?
Yes, same issue. Looks like I need a new Modem / Router or something.
Reply Quote
your problem doesnt sound like a port issue - it sounds like packet loss.

either your internet connection is choking (someone is downloading/uploading at too high a speed while you're gaming), or you've got a problem with your internet connection/router.

D3 and WoW are more tolerant of lag, simple because SCII is primarily PvP and they arent, so they dont kick/drop you as fast..
Reply Quote
Try putting your computer as the routers DMZ host. For it to work correctly you will want to disable all port forward rules for the computer.
Edited by Orbmunk on 3/11/2013 7:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
How do i go about doing that? :o
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]