Aftermath and Revelations

Mark, stop being an @ss. I just haven't gotten back around to it because I'm so tired lately.

Sorry, thought I was defending you. Carry on, gentlemen.

Well it'd be easier if others came here to check it out as well...
Reply Quote
Think I'll bump this again. Zarkun, I hope you recover soon.
Reply Quote
I haven't gotten back to A&R chapter 8 or 9 that featured Mengsk (I'll eventually get back to it latter at some point.) but while I was going over sub StarCraft pages at TV Tropes I noticed the fanfic recommendation page featured your ongoing story.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanficRecs/Starcraft

Despite being vastly long it hasn't gotten its own sub page yet it pretty interesting to notice it there. Just a FYI.
Reply Quote
I honestly didn't know that. I mean I know I've gotten readers, but I didn't know it'd be recommended like that...
Reply Quote
Well, it's been a few months, given that the storyline discussion elsewhere, it's time I bumped this again.
Reply Quote
Testing... testing...

Okay Ragnarok, I read up to chapter 10 so far, and I'll keep going. Before I give any opinions, I wanna ask, what is your current goal with your fanfic? Obviously you wrote this before Flashpoint (didn't read yet but got info from the wiki) and HotS, but that doesn't matter because I can appreciate the vision applied with the information had. So far, I really liked certain elements of your rendition of things, and there are areas where I figure I could offer some helpful suggestions. Mind you, I have no credentials to evaluate literature, and really all I've got going for me is a tad bit of artistic feel, so my opinion is quite subjective. :P
Reply Quote
Testing... testing...

Okay Ragnarok, I read up to chapter 10 so far, and I'll keep going. Before I give any opinions, I wanna ask, what is your current goal with your fanfic? Obviously you wrote this before Flashpoint (didn't read yet but got info from the wiki) and HotS, but that doesn't matter because I can appreciate the vision applied with the information had. So far, I really liked certain elements of your rendition of things, and there are areas where I figure I could offer some helpful suggestions. Mind you, I have no credentials to evaluate literature, and really all I've got going for me is a tad bit of artistic feel, so my opinion is quite subjective. :P

It's like this: I don't plan to kill off Mengsk in this fic, since this is only my version of what happened between WoL and HotS.

Nor is it my intention to make Narud and Duran the same person.

Remember, by the time WoL came out, Narud was just a normal doctor. We didn't get to learn there was more to him than what meets the eye until Flashpoint.

And for that reason, Narud will remain "just a normal doctor" in my fic.

And I don't have plans to explain just WHAT Duran is. In fact, they didn't even do a very good job of explaining that in HotS.

I recommend you read all 80 chapters first, then we'll see.

And please land some reviews, or I'll never know where you've read up to.
Reply Quote
Remember, by the time WoL came out, Narud was just a normal doctor. We didn't get to learn there was more to him than what meets the eye until Flashpoint.

And for that reason, Narud will remain "just a normal doctor" in my fic

The problem with that is Kerrigan alluded to Narud's "charade." That and his name is Duran spelled backwards XD
Edited by DarthTimmy on 8/1/2013 11:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote

And for that reason, Narud will remain "just a normal doctor" in my fic

The problem with that is Kerrigan alluded to Narud's "charade." That and his name is Duran spelled backwards XD

That's true, but I'm not taking any chances. Remember, we still don't know just WHAT Duran really is.

And for that reason, it's possible to fool Kerrigan into thinking if Narud was really Duran or not.

It's the reason why I put VERY little role into Valerian. Remember, by the time WoL came out, Valerian was still too vague.

It was impossible to tell if he'd be good or evil.
Reply Quote
Hmmm hey what made you choose nova over Tosh?im curious
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 08:56 PMPosted by MajorFoley
Hmmm hey what made you choose nova over Tosh?im curious

A few things: killing Tosh would have Nova develop guilt problems she has to face in the future.

I also couldn't figure out a way to make Tosh's Jamaican personality work.

And the fact that Nova was originally intended in the game SC Ghost, which never got released.
Reply Quote
I felt like such a traitor for turning on Tosh. Never did it again :P
Reply Quote
I'd like to point out on chapter four that I could really "hear" the voices of each of the characters very well. Their speech patterns in text matched what they sounded like in WoL. Matt, Jim, and Valerian are the ones that stood out. Well done.

I had a hard time "hearing" Nova's voice when she was talking, but that's probably because we had so little exposure to her in WoL.

Warfield was kind of hit and miss. He didn't quite hit that mark of matching his speech patterns imho. He wasn't terribly off either, but I judged the rest by how much I liked chapter 4.

Jim was pretty solid "sounding" all-around by what I've read so far.
Edited by DarthTimmy on 8/2/2013 11:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'd like to point out on chapter four that I could really "hear" the voices of each of the characters very well. Their speech patterns in text matched what they sounded like in WoL. Matt, Jim, and Valerian are the ones that stood out. Well done.

I had a hard time "hearing" Nova's voice when she was talking, but that's probably because we had so little exposure to her in WoL.

Warfield was kind of hit and miss. He didn't quite hit that mark of matching his speech patterns imho. He wasn't terribly off either, but I judged the rest by how much I liked chapter 4.

Jim was pretty solid "sounding" all-around by what I've read so far.

Well don't worry, Nova will get a LOT of development in this fic. Raynor and Kerrigan may be the main characters, but ALL voices must be heard.

And aside from them, the most influential one now in the Raiders is Nova.
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 11:31 PMPosted by DarthTimmy

me either lol
Reply Quote
08/07/2013 07:06 AMPosted by MajorFoley

me either lol

I did it for the sake because it made Nova's guilt problems easier to address.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]