StarCraft® II

Need help with TvZ? Ask questions. 95%winrate

Nice to see you helping others out john, i remeber your diamond days and help threads XD nice to know that if i try to help others on here they will do the same
Reply Quote

I BARELY ever face broods, and even then its only a few broods and farely easy to beat.

Infestors are next to useless against mech. It takes about a thousand fungels to kill a tank or thor lol.

Watch my latest replay i posted and it will give you a good idea of what i do. Basically i go for a prehive push, and with the massive amount of tanks i have it decimates his army.

If you notice though i do get 2 additional starports so i can pump vikings to rally towards my push.

Infested Terran work against mech, Fungal doesn't. Remember that Fungal is mostly about stopping movement. Mech doesn't actually want to move any more than it has to.

Since the mech style of play is a slow one, do you face off against broodlords often? Since most of your gas is already invested in tanks, do you have a proper counter to this?

Also I don't believe that you beat zergs often. Haven't you heard, fungal is OP and is killing SC2.

Fungal makes games very boring to watch. So yes it is killing much of the esports aspect of the game.

infested terrans are garbage against mech. They use to be good, but IT were nerfed. So 2-2 Mech absolutely destroys infested terrans. A few blue flame hellions and their worthless. You want to snipe infestors with your banshees if possible, or target fire with tanks. Again you dont want to engage if your in a clump. Mech is 1000 times more effective if its spread out
Reply Quote
I used to play zerg, but when school started I started having less and less time so I became less and less serious about playing one race and trying to advance a fast pace. Now, when I get the opportunity to play, I usually play Terran as I find it really interesting and a very dynamic race. Even if I have poor micro, do you think it's bad to play a marine tank style? I strongly prefer it over mech, just because I love to get 3 bases and get tons of marines flowing. I have a second account that I used to mess around on and I'm in gold league with Terran on that and I do okay, but as I start to rank up will a marine tank style be really difficult to win with if my micro isn't the best?
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 09:50 AMPosted by ssSSSsssenza
Nice to see you helping others out john, i remeber your diamond days and help threads XD nice to know that if i try to help others on here they will do the same

haha i try my best to help! I learned alot from you and the other posters, as well as watching alot of pro games, and with the recent infestor nerf to Infested terrans tank heavy mech is stronger than ever!
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 09:54 AMPosted by Smokahontuss
I used to play zerg, but when school started I started having less and less time so I became less and less serious about playing one race and trying to advance a fast pace. Now, when I get the opportunity to play, I usually play Terran as I find it really interesting and a very dynamic race. Even if I have poor micro, do you think it's bad to play a marine tank style? I strongly prefer it over mech, just because I love to get 3 bases and get tons of marines flowing. I have a second account that I used to mess around on and I'm in gold league with Terran on that and I do okay, but as I start to rank up will a marine tank style be really difficult to win with if my micro isn't the best?

im no pro with Marine Tank so i dont know its difficulties. As you get better at terran your micro should also get better, and i mean if you enjoy playing that style then do what you enjoy.

If your having alot of difficulties with your AMP and micro and you feel you cant get any better, then i would say mech is for you! Since you have a second account you may as well try it a few times and see what you think of it. If your confident in marine tank then that style certainly works as well.

Also i hate facing fungel, so i enjoy not having to deal with that
Edited by John on 1/27/2013 10:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thank you very much sir, I appreciate your advice.
Reply Quote
so do me a favor, i created a thread a little bit ago titled "NEW META TvZ" i would like to hear your thoughts on it.
Reply Quote
TvZ is pretty scary these days too. Nice work!
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 11:59 AMPosted by Incubus
I'm curious what your record is if your winrate is an estimated 95%. That's like winning 19/20 games. Which I find incredibly hard to believe at the master level.

i win 19/20 TvZ games. My Tvp is solid except im not so good at holding all ins. My TvT is decent but not great

The few times that i lose TvZ are usually due to critical mistakes on my part.

For instance, 1 MAJOR thing you must do when you push out for that prehive push. Always have a raven. Otherwise he will burrow roaches and crush you.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 12:11 PMPosted by Chansen
so do me a favor, i created a thread a little bit ago titled "NEW META TvZ" i would like to hear your thoughts on it.

Its interesting to say the least. If you can post a replay or two that would be cool. I know Flash does something similar at least in regard to the super early ebay block. Post a replay if you can.
Reply Quote
i win 19/20 TvZ games. My Tvp is solid except im not so good at holding all ins. My TvT is decent but not great

The few times that i lose TvZ are usually due to critical mistakes on my part.

For instance, 1 MAJOR thing you must do when you push out for that prehive push. Always have a raven. Otherwise he will burrow roaches and crush you.

What kind of mech build do you use? Like how many building on two base and what are you making out of them?

Right now I'm using 1 rax FE into the MVP blue flame hellion timing. While I'm attacking trying to kill drones, lings, and larvae I have cloak banshees going. I add on another factory and I have 3 going making 1 thor, 1 tank, 2 hellions, and a port making 1 banshee at a time. With double upgrades going.

2 factory bfh is ok. It will often kill them outright, but i often find if i dont do alot of damage
(like if he has roaches out) im behind because i invested so heavily in hellions. I prefer standard hellion banshee into 3cc. Followed by 2 armories and 2 more factories, once i take my third (or as resources allow) i get 2 more factories.

My first reactored factory is obviously making hellions, from the 2nd and third i always produce 2 thors first. Simply because around 10-11 he may have mutas. Thors are ok against roaches, and ok against mutas, in order to take your third you need at least 2 thors to fend off the mutas, banshees should deal with any roaches. Once i get 2 thors i start pumping tanks out of all 4 tech labbed factories. Generally my prehive push will include 3-4 thors, no more. You want to be very very tank heavy. Also make sure to include that raven.
Reply Quote
im a bio player but ive always wanted to learn mech but i haveno idea how to play it. mind giving me some BO and tips to get started?
Reply Quote

infested terrans are garbage against mech. They use to be good, but IT were nerfed. So 2-2 Mech absolutely destroys infested terrans. A few blue flame hellions and their worthless. You want to snipe infestors with your banshees if possible, or target fire with tanks. Again you dont want to engage if your in a clump. Mech is 1000 times more effective if its spread out

Losing the weapons and armor upgrades on ITs was a huge hit to them in effectiveness. Though I think it was necessary.
Reply Quote
Hey hey, just played a game today, TvZ.

It went well, but I ran into a few bumps lol:

- I got all giddy on the drone roasts xD which led me to forget about the double armory and double factory for thors for about 45 seconds, thankfully he didn't come with mutas but still, bad bad fingrknitter ><

- My opponent really couldn't handle me, and he went overboard on spines on his natural and third so I didn't lose a lot of my hellions;

- he pushed with roach hydra and I had 26 hellions (I was maxed, but I definitely don't need 26 lol) and only 11 tanks (and they were staggered poorly)

- another fail in that battle, I had 79 scvs. So with 79 scvs and 26 hellions, my tank and even thor count was too low for that battle.

However, I went ape !@#$ with factories and planetaries + supply depot wall offs and by the time he got to my half I was remaxed (I sacked some scvs and hellions after that) and I kept him at a juicy units lost deficiency for the rest of the game ;)

A lot more successful than my marine tanking, pretty much because the hellions really do totally deny zerglings, the tanks are great against roaches and well its just a composition of counters.

Thanks for the help :D
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 04:42 PMPosted by VanSCStaR
im a bio player but ive always wanted to learn mech but i haveno idea how to play it. mind giving me some BO and tips to get started?

Sure thing! I have posted a few replays so be sure to check those out.

Are you familiar with hellion banshee into 3cc?

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/ForGG_Hellion/Banshee_Opener_(vs._Zerg)#Basic_Build_Order

This is your opener, basically you use this to harass the zerg, try and deny or kill his third, and kill drones if possible. You can also build your 3rd CC behind this.

From there around 8 minutes you want to get your armories and an engineering bay. As well as two additional factories. First two units should be thors out of those, as if he goes mutas they will be hitting around 10-11 minutes, i always put up a few turrets.

After this he will most likely transition into roaches, regardless after your first two thors and you take your third, you want to put down 2 more tech lab factories and start pumping as many tanks as possible, dont forget your mech upgrades!

As you know in any tvz, you want to push out before hive tech with your mech army, go for his closest expo, and start sieging and spreading out your tanks once you hit creep. When i push i usually put down an additional 2 starports and have vikings rallied to my pushing army.

Make sure you have a raven so he doesnt send burrowed roaches under your army.

Dont get caught in a ball or you are DEAD.

When you take your third start a turret ring in your main as some zergs try to do drops in your main.
Reply Quote
Hey hey, just played a game today, TvZ.

It went well, but I ran into a few bumps lol:

- I got all giddy on the drone roasts xD which led me to forget about the double armory and double factory for thors for about 45 seconds, thankfully he didn't come with mutas but still, bad bad fingrknitter ><

- My opponent really couldn't handle me, and he went overboard on spines on his natural and third so I didn't lose a lot of my hellions;

- he pushed with roach hydra and I had 26 hellions (I was maxed, but I definitely don't need 26 lol) and only 11 tanks (and they were staggered poorly)

- another fail in that battle, I had 79 scvs. So with 79 scvs and 26 hellions, my tank and even thor count was too low for that battle.

However, I went ape !@#$ with factories and planetaries + supply depot wall offs and by the time he got to my half I was remaxed (I sacked some scvs and hellions after that) and I kept him at a juicy units lost deficiency for the rest of the game ;)

A lot more successful than my marine tanking, pretty much because the hellions really do totally deny zerglings, the tanks are great against roaches and well its just a composition of counters.

Thanks for the help :D

haha no problem! glad it worked out. Haha i enjoy drone kills a little too much as well. Feel free to post replays and ill be sure to give you more tips if you want!
Reply Quote
hey man so yeah my tvz has been a little weak last couple days was doing real well now im facing plats and getting rolled. let me preface with I LOVE BIO!!! i obv bio in tvp and i bio in tvt as well with very fast upgrades and drop all over the place. I have been going bio tank in tvz and the only games i win are vs mass roaches, mutas, or cheese. I cant beat ling bling festor or even muta ling bling. !@#$ing hate banelings.

what is your basic mech build order i know you build 2-3 thors and tons of tanks, mainly seeing what you do with a starport and if your are buidling any marines and marauders after factories are up
Reply Quote
hey man so yeah my tvz has been a little weak last couple days was doing real well now im facing plats and getting rolled. let me preface with I LOVE BIO!!! i obv bio in tvp and i bio in tvt as well with very fast upgrades and drop all over the place. I have been going bio tank in tvz and the only games i win are vs mass roaches, mutas, or cheese. I cant beat ling bling festor or even muta ling bling. !@#$ing hate banelings.

what is your basic mech build order i know you build 2-3 thors and tons of tanks, mainly seeing what you do with a starport and if your are buidling any marines and marauders after factories are up

When you mech your not building anything out of the barracks, simply because the upgrades dont stack. The initial starport is for the cloaked banshees and the raven, and later for vikings as well
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]