StarCraft® II

Ok Sidewinder, you win

After a solid month of hardware issues, I've finally got my rig running and I'm finally making use of my HotS beta invite.

I finally got to use tempests today and... they are every bit as awesome as you said they were. Tempests are great!

I still think you need carrier dps to fill out the army (although the new void rays might be able to do this too), but tempests are fun as hell and they make skytoss a much stronger build.
Reply Quote
They are pretty good. They do take quite a bit of babysitting to make them as worthwhile as their cost indicates.
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 06:32 PMPosted by BoZiMagnet
They are pretty good. They do take quite a bit of babysitting to make them as worthwhile as their cost indicates.

Hi Sidewinder. Why the hell did you change your beautiful name?
Reply Quote
New clan :)
Reply Quote
After a solid month of hardware issues, I've finally got my rig running and I'm finally making use of my HotS beta invite.

I finally got to use tempests today and... they are every bit as awesome as you said they were. Tempests are great!

I still think you need carrier dps to fill out the army (although the new void rays might be able to do this too), but tempests are fun as hell and they make skytoss a much stronger build.
I agree with this :D

After playing skytoss almost exclusively in PvZ in HOTS, I have found that Tempests are really good units. They're still garbage vs normal non-massive units, but their ability to do upto 90 DAMAGE to massive with +3 air is bloody amazing ! Carrier dps + the fix to Interceptor AI complements the weakness of the Tempest against massive ground targets, and against non-massive air targets.

I really love the Tempest as a unit now.

The ONLY issue I think it has now is that it is too strong in lategame because there is no way to catch them if you micro them well, and that warrants getting them some kind of movement weakness such as slower move speed in general (which would slow down a Protoss Air army) or add a "siege-mode" to it so that there is a charging process before it fires its globes of doom, and that can make skytoss a little weaker than it is against both Zerg and Terran, and give the player with better positioning and micro the advantage, while an idiot who a-moves will just die.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 09:24 AMPosted by Zamara
The ONLY issue I think it has now is that it is too strong in lategame because there is no way to catch them if you micro them well, and that warrants getting them some kind of movement weakness such as slower move speed in general (which would slow down a Protoss Air army) or add a "siege-mode" to it so that there is a charging process before it fires its globes of doom, and that can make skytoss a little weaker than it is against both Zerg and Terran, and give the player with better positioning and micro the advantage, while an idiot who a-moves will just die.

I really like the "air seige mode" idea where you don't get the full range (or full damage?) except in seige mode.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 09:29 AMPosted by BlackAdder
I really like the "air seige mode" idea where you don't get the full range (or full damage?) except in seige mode.
Yeah, because of how strong air Protoss is right now, I see no reason why we cannot slow it down for large scale battles, and make it positional in that aspect, but leave ti flexible and more mobile with a Carrier-based lategame to hit different bases and use MS Core recall to come back for defense.

I think that would make Protoss lategame more dynamic and the "siege/charging mode" would allow the Tempest to be a better unit.
Reply Quote
Not a bad idea... somebody tried to go pure carrier vs my carrier/tempest/archon army yesterday and I couldn't believe how good the tempests were against the carriers. I don't think I lost one of them.
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 01:15 PMPosted by Badloss
Not a bad idea... somebody tried to go pure carrier vs my carrier/tempest/archon army yesterday and I couldn't believe how good the tempests were against the carriers. I don't think I lost one of them.
Tempests vs Massive Air units (such as the Carrier) is much like the Immortal versus anything armored.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]