StarCraft® II

AoS: New HotS Cinematic Feat. EG.iNcontroL

MVP - StarCraft
01/25/2013 04:42 PMPosted by ragnarok
Then, can we expect you to talk about those things in a FUTURE stream?

You mean me personally, as in I talk too much, or do you mean everyone on the show, as in you dislike educated conjecture?
Edited by Doncroft on 1/25/2013 4:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:43 PMPosted by Doncroft
Then, can we expect you to talk about those things in a FUTURE stream?

You mean me personally, as in I talk too much, or do you mean everyone on the show, as in you dislike educated conjecture?

The latter, and I don't dislike educated conjecture
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
01/25/2013 04:45 PMPosted by ragnarok
The latter, and I don't dislike educated conjecture

Ahhh, I see. I read a negative tone, but you meant a positive one.

In answer, yes I find it very, very likely. :D
Reply Quote
Good, I look forward to it. It's just that I've seen way too many live streams on multiplayer and nothing more. I always wondered if there'd be streams on the campaign, even if it's just cinematic parts...
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
01/25/2013 04:47 PMPosted by ragnarok
Good, I look forward to it. It's just that I've seen way too many live streams on multiplayer and nothing more. I always wondered if there'd be streams on the campaign, even if it's just cinematic parts...

Oh, I know exactly what you mean! Everyone here knows I love the competitive aspect of the game, but the lore and singleplayer of Starcraft is also excellent and often gets far less attention than it deserves.

It's a shame.
Edited by Doncroft on 1/25/2013 4:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:48 PMPosted by Doncroft

Oh, I know exactly what you mean! Everyone here knows I love the competitive aspect of the game, but the lore and singleplayer of Starcraft is also excellent and often gets far less attention than it deserves.

It's a shame.

Trust me, I had my own theories on the storylines as such (well that was before the Q and A sessions), and tried putting it into fanfics and such.

I for one didn't get into the SC universe for the multiplayer. Blizzard DID admit that there were those in it ONLY for the storyline...
Reply Quote
We can actually observe SOME things, sadly not much in the way of leviathan but there are some interesting observations and confirmations about other things.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
I for one didn't get into the SC universe for the multiplayer. Blizzard DID admit that there were those in it ONLY for the storyline...

For the longest time, neither was I. I've played every single Starcraft campaign at least 8 times. I didn't get competitive till my upper teens.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:50 PMPosted by Ponera
We can actually observe SOME things, sadly not much in the way of leviathan but there are some interesting observations and confirmations about other things.

See Ponera, the opening cinematic caused a major rethinking to a LOT of the HotS cinematics we saw.

Going from the teaser trailer for HotS all the way back in May 2011, the Blizzcon 2011 trailer, and now the latest gameplay trailer with some cutscenes, now it begs the Q:

how much of that was happening in reality, and how much of that was only happening in a daydream?
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:52 PMPosted by Doncroft

For the longest time, neither was I. I've played every single Starcraft campaign at least 8 times. I didn't get competitive till my upper teens.

I'm still not. That's why I showed enthusiasm in the SC books, though I never did show much enthusiasm in the comics...
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
^ We should have this man on the show sometime.

In fact, I'm going to be launching a series on the "Lore of Starcraft." And I'll be asking for volunteers.
Edited by Doncroft on 1/25/2013 4:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:53 PMPosted by Doncroft
^ We should have this man on the show sometime.

if you're referring to me, I'm not that kind of person, though I would gladly skype chat with you...
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
We'll see what happens. Enjoy the show, ragnarok!
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:55 PMPosted by Doncroft
We'll see what happens. Enjoy the show, ragnarok!

I will. A part of me is wondering if you ever read SC fanfics...
Reply Quote
not fanfics, no
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 04:59 PMPosted by Ponera
not fanfics, no

it's a shame, mine is one of the largest ever seen, it's got over 300,000 words and everything.
Edited by ragnarok on 1/25/2013 5:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
heh that's more of doncrofts area
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 05:01 PMPosted by Ponera
heh that's more of doncrofts area

If he's interested in that, I can put the link to my fic right here, since it's not on this site...
Reply Quote
why don't you make a thread for it
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
I will. A part of me is wondering if you ever read SC fanfics...

Wrote a couple, in fact. ;) Before I started teaching, I was in the editing and publication business.
Edited by Doncroft on 1/25/2013 5:03 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]