StarCraft® II

AoS: New HotS Cinematic Feat. EG.iNcontroL

01/25/2013 07:35 PMPosted by sfpDonFonzy
Oh ya. They definitely over did it on size on the cini. We can all agree on that.
Uh....

There are different sizes and classes of BCs in the Dominion.

There is something called Behemoth Class which is probably like a bigger BC than regular ones. I think the Bucephalus was a Behemoth Class.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 07:35 PMPosted by sfpDonFonzy
Look at the in-game cinematic of hyperion vs mutas after that evacuation mission. Clearly shows the scale was much too large in the cinematic.

Oh ya. They definitely over did it on size on the cini. We can all agree on that.

It really makes me wonder how many people are needed to operate a BattleCruiser, because the Raiders were down to like 40 people by the time of WoL...
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 08:04 PMPosted by ragnarok
It really makes me wonder how many people are needed to operate a BattleCruiser, because the Raiders were down to like 40 people by the time of WoL...

I really don't think the crew was that small. You only got to see and interact with a limited number sure. But 40 people for a capital ship? No way in heck would that work. That isn't even a skeleton crew. That's like a finger bone.

01/25/2013 08:04 PMPosted by Zamara
Bucephalus was a Behemoth Class.

Which was the ship the hyperion pulled up to when Raynor met megsks son. And they were the same size. And as seen from the earlier cinematic when you first see the hyperion, it was much smaller than what we saw in the HoTs opening.
Not that it would be impossible to make a bigger BC.
But it is doubtful.
Reply Quote
VOD will be on the ol' youtube channel soonish (tm)
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 08:02 PMPosted by Zamara
Mountain Time = Central Time.
No, central is EST-1, Mountain is EST-2. And the video will be put up on the channel, same as always.
Reply Quote
I bet my hater would be really upset to learn I'm making a profit on the youtube channel. Four dollars and 16 cents of PURE PROFIT.

He is now a portrait of jealousy
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 08:13 PMPosted by zappy
No, central is EST-1, Mountain is EST-2. And the video will be put up on the channel, same as always.

Why can't everywhere just operate on pacific time. It is the best time.
Edited by sfpDonFonzy on 1/25/2013 8:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 08:13 PMPosted by zappy
I stand corrected!
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 08:08 PMPosted by sfpDonFonzy

I really don't think the crew was that small. You only got to see and interact with a limited number sure. But 40 people for a capital ship? No way in heck would that work. That isn't even a skeleton crew. That's like a finger bone.

Bucephalus was a Behemoth Class.

Which was the ship the hyperion pulled up to when Raynor met megsks son. And they were the same size. And as seen from the earlier cinematic when you first see the hyperion, it was much smaller than what we saw in the HoTs opening.
Not that it would be impossible to make a bigger BC.
But it is doubtful.

Yeah well according to the SC wikia, the Raiders were reduced to 40 people by the beginning of the Brood War, and I don't recall them growing in size by the of WoL...
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 10:05 PMPosted by ragnarok
Yeah well according to the SC wikia, the Raiders were reduced to 40 people by the beginning of the Brood War, and I don't recall them growing in size by the of WoL...

So we have another example of blizzard derping lol
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 10:11 PMPosted by sfpDonFonzy

So we have another example of blizzard derping lol

Possibly. But then again, technically it might be possible to operate with just 40 people. With regards to terran technology by the 26th century, how do you know Raynor didn't just leave the adjutant to do all the dirty work?
Reply Quote
Possibly. But then again, technically it might be possible to operate with just 40 people. With regards to terran technology by the 26th century, how do you know Raynor didn't just leave the adjutant to do all the dirty work?

To not just run a ship, but keep a ship the size of a battle cruiser running for 4 years, no way 40 people could do that.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 08:08 PMPosted by sfpDonFonzy
But 40 people for a capital ship?
Two fighters against a star destroyer?
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 10:42 PMPosted by zappy

Starwars reference?
Or balance reference?
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 10:43 PMPosted by sfpDonFonzy

Starwars reference?
Or balance reference?

That shot is impossible, even for a computer.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 10:44 PMPosted by Ponera

The force. Starwars version of the Kahla.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 10:49 PMPosted by sfpDonFonzy

The force. Starwars version of the Kahla.

I used to bulls eye womp rats back in beggar's canyon back home they aren't much bigger than 2 meters
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 10:43 PMPosted by sfpDonFonzy

Starwars reference?
Or balance reference?
Idiot reference.

We will fire several shots from the ion cannon, that should clear anything out of your path.

See? its all about knowing unit counters. the x-wing pilot thought his fighter could counter the star destroyer, much like someone thinking corruptors counter void rays. But really, with the right unit composition, you can take down a star destroyer, you just need support from the ground based ion cannon, like hydras.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 10:57 PMPosted by zappy

Starwars reference?
Or balance reference?
Idiot reference.

We will fire several shots from the ion cannon, that should clear anything out of your path.

See? its all about knowing unit counters. the x-wing pilot thought his fighter could counter the star destroyer, much like someone thinking corruptors counter void rays. But really, with the right unit composition, you can take down a star destroyer, you just need support from the ground based ion cannon, like hydras.

sigh
Reply Quote
can you ladies take it to skype and stop derailing the thread about the event that, hands down, puts aos > mos
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]