StarCraft® II

Replacement of Fungal

If everyone hates on fungal, find a replacement spell. Just please stop complaining about a spell that is not as effective as other spells and find a solution.
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 04:36 PMPosted by OpChaos
not as effective as other spells

wat
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 04:36 PMPosted by OpChaos
If everyone hates on fungal, find a replacement spell. Just please stop complaining about a spell that is not as effective as other spells and find a solution.

Fungal? Less effective? Say what now?
Edited by XSliceNDiceX on 1/26/2013 4:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
EMP does instant damage to protoss and insta wipes energy from a clump
Storm does strong damage
Fungal just stops a small clump of units from moving and can only kill lings
Reply Quote
Storm does strong damage

You're a terrible player then.
Reply Quote
Storm does strong damage

Look at yourself
Reply Quote
Are you joking? Essentially fungal only had a nerf for high league players. I.E. NOT GOLD! It's still just as effective at demolishing marines. And fungal was designed to stop chunks of armies so the lings and ultras can go to town. It was never really meant to be a cold killer.
Reply Quote

Look at yourself

Funny because I could probably ez you. Character code please.
Reply Quote
I say give the infestor a damage aura so when it slides under units it damage them :D
Reply Quote

Look at yourself

Funny because I could probably ez you. Character code please.

Hehe, this'll be funny, watching the big bad silver zerg "ez" the diamond Zerg on 2 base vs 5...

And to the OP, since every zerg seems to think fungal is absolutely required ZvZ, here's the solution: Fungal now slows units affected by 25%, and roots biological flying units.

There you go, ZvZ problem solved, and fungal's absurdly asinine strength vs every other matchup is nerfed. No BS chain fungals on 5 banshees/medivacs that otherwise could have gotten away by splitting, etc...
Reply Quote
BS chain fungals can easily be stopped by cloaked ghosts. SNIPE SNIPE or EMP and no use of infestors. COnsidering ghosts actually have a base attack, this should be no problem at all. If anythihng make fungal back to its orginial range or lower the energy needed for it
Reply Quote
I still think storm is worse than fungal. The problem is you just can't let the Zerg bank enough gas to pop 8 infestors in one go.
Reply Quote
I would rather have Dark Swarm than Fungal. It would allow Hydras to be good at anti air. Infestors should have a spell that does damage but doesn't root. I think the spell is cheesy and I'm a Zerg player.
Reply Quote
I understand fungal being a spell that is cheesy, we just need a decent replacement
Reply Quote
How about just a 75% slow instead of a root? Still allows for all units to catch up, your opponent can still micro (somewhat, chain Fungals are less of an issue, and maybe they can even look into making some of our other T2 more viable (I'm looking at you Hydra)
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 08:48 AMPosted by DirtyD
How about just a 75% slow instead of a root? Still allows for all units to catch up, your opponent can still micro (somewhat, chain Fungals are less of an issue, and maybe they can even look into making some of our other T2 more viable (I'm looking at you Hydra)

This thread is actually about fungal being UP, lol.
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 10:35 AMPosted by Shahzad

This thread is actually about fungal being UP, lol.

You want them to stop complaining, make it not a spell that negates micro. Bottom line, if the fungal lands, there's nothing they can do at that point. You're not going to be able to get it buffed (the QQ would be monstrous) so better to focus on something that is actually UP and get it fixed instead.
Reply Quote
What would you say is UP, Hydralisks Ultras or roaches? We all know that blizzard would not buff a unit to coincide with a nerf. It rarely happens. Lets the QQ rain as long as a fix that would not hurt zerg even more is found.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]