StarCraft® II

1gate expand into 4 gate vs Z

The problem with this build is that if it doesn't do damage then you're pretty far behind. Also, you are very weak to him going ling/roach early.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 11:22 AMPosted by ACIDCYCLONE
nono brother. Gateway Fe like the one you do vs terran
Won't work because roach/ling or roach/bane and 2 base Muta or 3 base infestor.

Oh and you're far behind in economy and tech, to wrap it all up.
Edited by Zamara on 1/29/2013 1:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 06:09 PMPosted by Rathelm
Those gate expands haven't really been popular in a long time so knowing the right build timings to adjust is just not common knowledge anymore

I just really don't like this thought process of hoping zergs forget. The proper reaction to realizing it's a gateway expand is just to instantly throw down gas and get zergling speed.

Speedlings can shut down proxy pylons pretty hard and see any units moving out from your base. If you see a force moving out and a proxy pylon you can defend with 2-3 spines and some speedlings. If the enemy nexus is sufficiently delayed you can expect a larger attack and grab a couple roaches.

Unless the zerg is purposefully cutting corners it seems like this should shut down the aggression pretty hard while leaving you behind in tech.
Reply Quote
You are weak to fast speedling like from 14/14 (if they do it)
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 04:07 PMPosted by wraithcube
Those gate expands haven't really been popular in a long time so knowing the right build timings to adjust is just not common knowledge anymore

I just really don't like this thought process of hoping zergs forget. The proper reaction to realizing it's a gateway expand is just to instantly throw down gas and get zergling speed.

Speedlings can shut down proxy pylons pretty hard and see any units moving out from your base. If you see a force moving out and a proxy pylon you can defend with 2-3 spines and some speedlings. If the enemy nexus is sufficiently delayed you can expect a larger attack and grab a couple roaches.

Unless the zerg is purposefully cutting corners it seems like this should shut down the aggression pretty hard while leaving you behind in tech.

Oh I agree with what you're saying, but the average player just doesn't have that kind of game sense. Zerg as a whole, I think, requires you to know how to react to what your opponent is doing more so than being able to dictate the pace yourself. I can see this working nicely below high diamond/masters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]