StarCraft® II

Need advice please (HOTS) ZvT

http://drop.sc/299384

so what did i do wrong? how could i improve on this game?
i know late game i stopped building banes because i just couldnt, there was nowhere to rally my units. and my upgrades were poor, and my mutas were always out of position to kill off tanks.
the big thing i realised in game was i hadnt hotkeyd my last 2 hatches resulting in a lack of larvae and losing me the game. besides that i tihnk the early/mid game went well. considering this is my first time using a ling/bane/muta style build

was there anything else you can see that i need to work on? my queen injects were far apart sometimes but i assumed with 5 hatches it would be fine, this woulda have been the case if i had 5 hathces hotkeyed.

TeHazard.
Edited by HMTehz on 1/28/2013 9:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 06:29 PMPosted by HMTehz
i feel as if HOTS is at a much, much higher skill level as WoL in every league.
You are playing global players, not just NA.
Reply Quote
oh really? i kinda thought that might be the case. is that how its going to be all the time in hots? if so thats great. but how come ive never seen any Korean or Chinese names?
Reply Quote
shameless bump
Reply Quote
I can't watch the game (at work right now, don't tell my boss), but did you try Vipers? Great way to shut down his tanks to get your Lings in or disperse his other units so you can get your Mutas in to snipe the Tanks
Reply Quote
i really wanted to get vipers but he only had mabey 3-4 tanks at once, so i didnt feel i needed to invest into them just yet. but they would have helped alot. im pretty bad at remembering to tech to vipers/blords or anything hive tech to be honest.
Reply Quote
You'll get there. Just realize that Vipers when well controlled will be able to completely negate a Tank for the cost of energy. Very powerful tool. Flanking and pulling them back away from the front lines can be effective as well
Reply Quote
after re-watching the replay, at the 20ish minute battle, i should have pushed forward with everything and taken out his 3rd. i think the game would have been ended if i took out his CC. i wasnt watching my mutas at the time and they were all killed, i could have flanked from his third to his nat for scv kills and then came back to his 3rd. by that time i would have had roach/ling at his third to clean up the base and he would have been left without income while im on 2-3 bases still mining.

would have helped alot if i had upgrades also.. :/ 3-3 marines are just silly.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 07:38 PMPosted by HMTehz
oh really? i kinda thought that might be the case. is that how its going to be all the time in hots? if so thats great. but how come ive never seen any Korean or Chinese names?
IDK about release, but "beta" is a region by it self. Also I see Chinese and korean names all the time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]