StarCraft® II

HotS Campaign Concern.

Like pretty much EVERY SC2 player, I am excited for the expansion, but I do have a concern about the campaign: Since I have little-to-no zerg experience, will I still be able to perform decently in the campaign? Will the game introduce me to units and how to effectively use them like the WoL Terran campaign? If you have answers, I would appreciate them.
Reply Quote
We've heard about four HotS missions so far. The first mission features the two most basic zerg units, the zergling and the baneling, but every mission after brings in new units one at a time, just like WoL. Also like WoL, the missions seem to be built around the units, to help demonstrate to the player the strengths of each particular unit.

Also, keep in mind that the game will have multiple difficulty settings. If you do not feel confident in your zerg skills, you may consider starting with a lower difficulty setting on your first playthrough. You can always increase the difficulty later if you change your mind.
Reply Quote
No shame in running the campaign through as casual, to get a feel for the Zerg way of life, before stepping up to harder difficulties. Much like WoL, you can fumble through HotS doing the complete worst decisions and still clear most of casual missions.

For now, try fighting weak AIs in WoL custom maps as Zerg, to get your feet wet. Get a feel for the basics of Zerg life. Won't be exactly the same in HotS, but will get you headed in the right direction.
Reply Quote
We've heard about four HotS missions so far. The first mission features the two most basic zerg units, the zergling and the baneling, but every mission after brings in new units one at a time, just like WoL. Also like WoL, the missions seem to be built around the units, to help demonstrate to the player the strengths of each particular unit.

Also, keep in mind that the game will have multiple difficulty settings. If you do not feel confident in your zerg skills, you may consider starting with a lower difficulty setting on your first playthrough. You can always increase the difficulty later if you change your mind.

we have heard about four missions? where can i find info on these missions, all i have heard of is two missions-- the icy one and the one with the eggs
Reply Quote
You can read about "Shoot the Messenger" and "Enemy Within" on any website that covered the recent Heart of the Swarm press event.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=394643

http://sclegacy.com/site/sclegacy.com/site/feature/3-events/1210-January-17-HotS-Press-Event

If you want more, try this:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=les%3B&gs_rn=1&gs_ri=hp&pq=heart%20of%20the%20swarm&cp=19&gs_id=2a&xhr=t&q=Heart%20of%20the%20Swarm%20campaign&es_nrs=true&pf=p&tbo=d&tbs=qdr:w&sclient=psy-ab&oq=Heart+of+the+Swarm+&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41524429,d.aWc&fp=171f1ce03d5b6aef&biw=1193&bih=600
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]