StarCraft® II

Patch 1.1.1 Notes

It was unintentional as far as I see so you're being pretty unfair.

The problem is not whether it was intentional or not, it was that with a little micro you could gain an advantage.

Isn't the rest of the game about that?
Reply Quote
IMO the mineral trick had no place in an RTS. The process of the mineral trick has nothing to do with RTS whatsoever. This is not strategy, it's tedious micro management. Players should not have to do this just to get on equal footing with someone who does it. It's blatant game exploit. It seems Blizzard has a delay in mining for a reason, and they don't want people tampering with that delay to gain an advantage.

Alright so micro management has no place in an RTs right?
Reply Quote
The problem is not whether it was intentional or not, it was that with a little micro you could gain an advantage.

The thing is the advantage is questionable and requires too much work, plus it has very little to do with what should be proper functions in base management.
Reply Quote

The problem is not whether it was intentional or not, it was that with a little micro you could be on equal footing with your opponent that is doing the exact same thing every single game.

Fixed that for ya. You're welcome.
Reply Quote

The problem is not whether it was intentional or not, it was that with a little micro you could be on equal footing with your opponent that is doing the exact same thing every single game.

Fixed that for ya. You're welcome.

Was supposed to somehow refute my argument? Cause it didn't, the above statement is still true.
Reply Quote
This is not strategy, it's tedious micro management. Players should not have to do this just to get on equal footing with someone who does it.

I realize this isn't the thread for this, but the same goes for things like mule/chrono/spawn. So I guess this isn't a very good argument, as tedious things do play some role in sc.
Reply Quote
With your logic, removing the worker rally point, removing all unit queues, building queues, minimap, game timer, food and resource counter would increase the overall quality of the game by increasing the skill required through holes in the interface and game mechanics?

Run-on sentences ftw.
Reply Quote
Edited by Jahknee on 4/5/2011 10:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
With your logic, removing the worker rally point,

Yes,

removing all unit queues,

yes,

building queues,

yes,

minimap,

no, you need it to formulate your plans,

game timer,

yes,

food and resource counter

don't really agree with that one but sure,

would increase the overall quality of the game by increasing the skill required through holes in the interface and game mechanics?

Yes.
Reply Quote
K
Reply Quote

While we're at it, let's remove A+move, patrol, and smart casting (you will have to select individual spellcasters to have them use spells individually).

In fact, to hell with the mouse rightclick->move command, let's make it 1990s style and have the game be controlled by text commands.

MOVE_scv00001(50_matrix);
ATTACK(scv00001)_zergling00102;
TRAIN_barracks001(marine);

hell yea, a game for only the best of the best at pressing buttons rapidly.

I see your straw man and raise you a Appeal to Common Practice.

We always did it this way in brood war so we should do it here too. I base this on the fact that brood war is a popular game that has a high representation in the pro scene.
Edited by Spetsnaz on 9/27/2010 7:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
In fact, to hell with the mouse rightclick->move command, let's make it 1990s style and have the game be controlled by text commands.

You know, I might enjoy a game like this. It'd be clumsily fun.
Reply Quote
+1 for Blizzard

Thanks for fighting the good fight and trying to make a good game great.
Reply Quote
"Fixed an issue where queuing Return Cargo on a worker would cause it to ignore the built-in delay after it finished gathering."

I am very disappointed in this being removed. This was a great trick for higher level players. It really brought purpose for apm in the beginning. The trick was almost impossible to do later in game when there were basically waay too many workers to do it with.

I think they could of just removed it on the mule and kept it. I'm very tempted to make a petition on bringing this back.
Reply Quote
Hotfix for Ultras against large buildings (aka appeasing the Terran tears), but no hotfix for banelings auto-unburrowing when an air unit flies over them?

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL. Favoritism much?

.... great....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]