StarCraft® II

Patch 1.1.1 Notes

Are you guys seriously raging because they removed the mini-game you could only play until 14 supply anyway?
What are you elitist pricks gonna cry about next? 'Oh, I'm super pro cuz I play southpaw sitting on a milk crate and drink out of cups!'

This nerf is dire- hence:
http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/
Edited by Logginurkeyz on 9/27/2010 9:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Is anyone else unable to load saved games since the update?
Reply Quote
Lets not be silly here.

Wrong forum.
Reply Quote
So now we're yelling at them for fixing bugs.

I love you guys. Don't ever change.
Reply Quote
Glad the mineral glitch is gone. Doing that to gain a little extra advantage in my push / harass was making my eyes bleed.

I love micro, in fact I enjoyed Warcraft 3 a bit more for that reason, but tedium and useless actions are a waste of my time (also likely a ticket to the wrist doctor).

Goodjob Blizzard.
Reply Quote
They got the wrong calling. They would be happier in dexterity games like guitar hero and the like instead of SC2.

Thats the problem right there, not considering SC2 as a dexterity game.

Reply Quote
They got the wrong calling. They would be happier in dexterity games like guitar hero and the like instead of SC2.

Thats the problem right there, not considering SC2 as a dexterity game.
It isn't. It's important to be able to execute your decisions quickly, but Starcraft is certainly not a mouse-eye-coordination game.
Reply Quote
]It isn't. It's important to be able to execute your decisions quickly, but Starcraft is certainly not a mouse-eye-coordination game.

Why not?
Reply Quote
The only way you can legitimize *your rage over* the change to the sock folding mechanic is if suggest that every game be determined by who can make the first timing push... Unless all of your games are over in 6 minutes- you can not reasonably defend your point...
Edited by Logginurkeyz on 9/27/2010 10:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
]It isn't. It's important to be able to execute your decisions quickly, but Starcraft is certainly not a mouse-eye-coordination game.

Why not?
Because the people developing the game made it that way. Of course mouse-eye-coordination plays some role in your ability to perform actions, but it's not the focus of the game and improving that aspect of your play will have relatively marginal effects.
Reply Quote
Because the people developing the game made it that way. Of course mouse-eye-coordination plays some role in your ability to perform actions, but it's not the focus of the game and improving that aspect of your play will have relatively marginal effects.

How much of a role, what would be an acceptable dexterity level to be competent to pull of brilliant strategy?
Reply Quote
I think you guys going on about mouse-eye coordination are deviating from the original point, and you are just feeding Spetsnaz...

His point about mouse-eye coordination is solid. That can't really be contested, and here is why:

1- if you can't accurately move and click your pointer, you will lose basically every micro-intensive scenario; this is why we are divided into bronze and gold, etc. Some of us aren't as dextrous as others- it happens...

2- misplacing a building, or even building late because you can't seem to place that building in the sweet spot to finish your wall-in / optimal maginot stop-gap to replenish your cannon wall / crawler spacing so it doesn't interfere with worker harvest rate / etc could effectively cost you the game...

BUT
We are not discussing personal short comings in this thread; we are discussing a mechanics change which indirectly rewarded players who happened to know about this glitch and had enough dexterity to accomplish it. Not everybody reads TL.net or the Bnet forums.

The next question is, even though it isn't reasonable to create a bunker highway- are they planning to fix the bunker teleport as seen done by MorroW on the unit tester map?
Reply Quote
@Spetsnaz
Simply put, Blizzard works to remove bugs/exploits from their game(s). When these are discovered they are removed upon notice and there really isn't anything you can do about it. Get over it and move on.
Reply Quote
1- if you can't accurately move and click your pointer, you will lose basically every micro-intensive scenario; this is why we are divided into bronze and gold, etc. Some of us aren't as dextrous as others- it happens...

And tahts where the razer mice come in
Reply Quote
Glad to see you are keeping the Zerg in check

It was obviously a bug.

Anyone who thought Ultras splashing from a football field away was intended was fooling themselves.
Reply Quote
Why would blizzard fix the return cargo thing, it wasn't hurting anyone. I guess enough people complained that they couldn't manage a few extra clicks when nothing else was happening in the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]