StarCraft® II

Mercenary Ghost

ok in the campain you unlock Bad@zz mercs through out the game

u got War pigs, seige breakers, dust wings, and even the Jackson

but no Ghost mercs, I would love it if Blizzard put a ghost team merc into the campain.

oh I love those units, they help me beat the game on "brutal" and make your life easier, just beating the crap out of a whole base with a few men is great but why no ghost mercenary?

If they had those type of mercs what would they look like with new gear? better face mask, better equipment, better range, damage, and a better rife........maybe diff voice acter.. or make the team of merc ghosts into female ghost...anyway

or maybe instead of just a team of ghost maybe one Spec and one Ghost team up working together to make money as mercs, Spec stun enemys close range combat and Ghost snipes enemys long range combat, like a sniper and a spotter.

anyway who would love that put into the campain? I know I would.
Reply Quote
That'd be my fave unit. A ghost/Spec with cooler armer and buffed? Hell yes. They should make a DLC for WOL where we fight Mengsk more and we get those. Maybe they had them planned at one point and have some sort of artwork for them.. hint hint blizz
Reply Quote
That'd be my fave unit. A ghost/Spec with cooler armer and buffed? Hell yes. They should make a DLC for WOL where we fight Mengsk more and we get those. Maybe they had them planned at one point and have some sort of artwork for them.. hint hint blizz
I know! nothing like the two deadly units teaming up and becoming the grim reapers of the battlefield.

I would rather face a whole swam of Zerg then those two
Reply Quote
Merc Diamondbacks plz
Reply Quote
Merc reapers, wraiths, Ghosts/specture, hell EVERYTHING!!!
Also I'd deffinately want some DLC. Maybe a mini campaign.
Reply Quote
I like the idea of renegade Ghosts working for money, that a new skins for them as well.
Reply Quote
The reasons I do not see Ghosts as a viable Mercenary option, is seeing all the precaution that the Dominion enforces in the Ghost program to deter abandonment and betrayal in all their ghosts; the Aggression inhibitors, implants which prevent ghosts from attacking their superiors, memory wipes to erase any memories that could cause rebellion, among others.
Reply Quote
Female ghosts as mercs, anyone?

But for the reason for why there isnt any, is because have ghost mercs would force you to go for Nova's side. What about spectres? If you went on that direction, then Blizz would need to add in spectre mercs as well.
Reply Quote
If you included Mercenary Ghosts, you'd have to include Mercenary Spectres too.
Reply Quote
The reasons I do not see Ghosts as a viable Mercenary option, is seeing all the precaution that the Dominion enforces in the Ghost program to deter abandonment and betrayal in all their ghosts; the Aggression inhibitors, implants which prevent ghosts from attacking their superiors, memory wipes to erase any memories that could cause rebellion, among others.

That really worked well for Tosh, eh?

Reply Quote
When you need to call down a merc, it's usually for an emergency. Ghost's won't be that useful holding the line when you're getting overrun.
Reply Quote
When you need to call down a merc, it's usually for an emergency. Ghost's won't be that useful holding the line when you're getting overrun.
Defensive Nukes FTW
Reply Quote
If you included Mercenary Ghosts, you'd have to include Mercenary Spectres too.

read my post again.......>_<

I also said something about a Ghost and Spec team up as a team merc.

plz read again.
Reply Quote
Defensive Nukes FTW

That's assuming that you would have a Nuke Silo. Playing the campaign, a Nuke Silo is probably the last thing I would ever build.
Reply Quote
I'd also like them to be female.
Reply Quote

I was talking about ghosts in general, not ghosts exposed to Terrazine and going rouge due to Project Shadow Blade.
Reply Quote

Actually in some cases, memory wipes can be reversed and/or aggression inhibitors can malfunction. As a result, the Ghost may defect on his/her own or with help from others. As a result there are Ghost mercenaries, but they are extremely hard to find, and as a result, much more expensive.

Now I want you to imagine that at some point in the WoL campaign Nova barely survives a massive zerg attack. Her traumatic injuries reverses her memory wipes as well as destroys her aggression inhibitions. As a result, she remember the horrors that Mengsk's supporters wrought on her very own family. Can you imagine what will she do if she discovers that Arcturus ordered the attack?
Reply Quote
@Auronaku

What!? He ordered the attack that can lead to some future backstabbing. I'm now planing on reading her series so I don't mess up her character one fanfiction changed her past so Arcturus was her dad even I knew that was false which is the second crime he made against the Mengsk family (Valerian was evil). the idea of merc ghost seems novel worthy so why not.
Reply Quote

Exactly the reason why GHOSTS would not work, but the Specters could considering the Dominion turned their backs on them and had the Specters locked up. Still they should not make mercs for Specter because having a Ghost counterpart (if the player chose to help Nova instead of Tosh) would not make sense and one would be needed to make it fair for players who helped Nova.
Reply Quote
@Auronaku

What!? He ordered the attack that can lead to some future backstabbing. I'm now planing on reading her series so I don't mess up her character one fanfiction changed her past so Arcturus was her dad even I knew that was false which is the second crime he made against the Mengsk family (Valerian was evil). the idea of merc ghost seems novel worthy so why not.

I definitely think it was a possiblity that Mengsk was somewhat connected to the Terra murders. That's why it might be possible that at some point Raynor, with Zeratul's help reverses Nova's memory wipe after discovering that Arcy ordered her family's murders, and confronts her with the truth of that night.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]