StarCraft® II

You gain a Terran superpower: Choose one

Congratulations! A higher being has granted you the choice to one terran superpower. No one will ever notice your power, even if they scrutinize your play. Please choose one and discuss your choice!

1. SCV's mine 5% faster

2. Gain an observer unit equal to protoss, except it is undetectable and indestructible, although it does not allow the targeting of invisible/burrowed creatures.

3. Gain a 20 supply increase to your max (max at 220)

4. After gathering 200 gas, you receive all first level, unit engineering bay and armory upgrades for free (buildings still required and normal research time)

5. Receive 3 free SCV's at 6:30, all appearing right next to your mineral line in your main

6. You receive a new 'split' command for your marines only, they will split into groups of two
just far enough away from each other to avoid the baneling splash damage radius.
Reply Quote
6 or 4 imo
Reply Quote
1 or 6
Reply Quote
1 or 6, yeah.
Reply Quote
1 because it would be significantly overpowered.
Reply Quote
number 4 and just be a 1 basing timing attack player
Reply Quote
I would choose #2. You will never have to send the scouting probe (better economy) out and you will always know what your opponent is doing.

3 is somewhat weak because Terran's often don't max I think, this would be much stronger for a protoss or zerg army.
Reply Quote
Definitely 1. That basically means a saturated base mines 220% faster.
Reply Quote
1 or 4 plox
Reply Quote
6 I suck at splitting, and to the guy that said a saturated base would mine 220% faster , no it would mine 5% faster. Each scv would bring back the equivalent of 5.25 minerals per trip instead of 5.
Reply Quote
Trying to decide between 4 or 5. I play mech, so......4 I guess.
Edited by TerranicII on 1/31/2013 3:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 4 and 6

Question, do scvs mine 5% more gas as well or no?
Reply Quote
7. i know exactly when to build bunkers and exactly how many to build
Reply Quote
Hmmm... I'm normally not a Terran player outside of team games, but I'd have to say 1. This could make up for sacrificing a MULE here and there for a scan, making an observer not quite as needed. I'll probably be attacking before I reach max supply, so an extra 20 supply isn't that necessary. The upgrades aren't going to come all that much faster due to research time, and the cost will not be quite so "costly" as I'll be mining more anyway. If I was gonna all-in every game, I'd probably want the extra 3 SCVs, but as time goes on I'll get more with the 5% mining advantage. Easy Marine splitting would be very nice, but it would be somewhat situational and the Marines might not split in the directions I want them to.

I think I'll do this in the Protoss forums some time! ^_^
Edited by NinjaDuckBob on 1/31/2013 4:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
The sad thing is even if I had all of these I'd still lose to top korean pros.
Reply Quote
The sad thing is even if I had all of these I'd still lose to any korean gold+.

\fixed for me =]
Reply Quote

only baddies choose 6
Reply Quote
I'll go with 1, so that I don't have to make 'new' build orders while still having an advantage.
Edited by Fencar on 2/1/2013 4:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'd choose 1 for sure.

My 6 rax marine scv all in will now come 10 seconds earlier. :D
Reply Quote
number 1. More mineralz ALL THE MINzERALZ
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]