Zerg Needs More In HOTS

I don't like the feel of this Expo for the race I play. P and T are getting buffs to harassment EVERYWHERE. But what does Zerg get? Early burrow. Which is negated by like 99.9% of openers ANYWAYS.

Well put. Toss and Ran are getting more map control. As if Terran needed another Heavy Hitter. And we get stuck with another unit that hits ONLY GROUND.
Reply Quote
Bottom line to me, playing Zerg in HOtS feels exactly like Zerg in WoL. P and T got new buffs to their races and the hill just got bigger for Zerg. People saying Zerg have to "Micro" now, but the reality is... Zerg need PERFECT micro, whereas toss and T can micro just enough that they lose NOTHING, whereas Zerg lose everything and there is nothing they can do about it. Most of Zerg units are close range, meaning even mediocre micro from P or T and the Zerg is fed.

Sad but true. As much as I want to like Sc2, Brood War is MILES ahead of it in terms of being fun and balanced. I got bored and played one game of Brood War. It was 2v2v2v2 Big Game Hunters and we ended up engaging in a 30 minute battle near the enemy's choke. The Lurkers would take out any ground forces that advanced, so you had to bring Guardians to take them out. When you used Guardians, they would use Dark Swarm and bring up Hydras to hit them. You never really see battle lines like that in Sc2. It's mostly a more "gang wars" style game where and Protoss death ball wanders around the map like street thugs looking for a rumble.
Reply Quote
JERG NEEDS MOAR PATCHES
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 10:31 PMPosted by Migrax
Bottom line to me, playing Zerg in HOtS feels exactly like Zerg in WoL. P and T got new buffs to their races and the hill just got bigger for Zerg. People saying Zerg have to "Micro" now, but the reality is... Zerg need PERFECT micro, whereas toss and T can micro just enough that they lose NOTHING, whereas Zerg lose everything and there is nothing they can do about it. Most of Zerg units are close range, meaning even mediocre micro from P or T and the Zerg is fed.

Sad but true. As much as I want to like Sc2, Brood War is MILES ahead of it in terms of being fun and balanced. I got bored and played one game of Brood War. It was 2v2v2v2 Big Game Hunters and we ended up engaging in a 30 minute battle near the enemy's choke. The Lurkers would take out any ground forces that advanced, so you had to bring Guardians to take them out. When you used Guardians, they would use Dark Swarm and bring up Hydras to hit them. You never really see battle lines like that in Sc2. It's mostly a more "gang wars" style game where and Protoss death ball wanders around the map like street thugs looking for a rumble.

awesome comparison
Reply Quote
Zerg's amount of units has to be balanced with the fact that we can switch unit comps ridiculously fast. If we had more units it would be much harder for both Protoss and Terran to deal with the constant switching.

EDIT: Plus we're not suppose to have good all-around units. Our units are meant to be more specialized.
um i disagree i think that's a problem terran and protoss should be weighed on heavily by, if you can be crushed by a tech switched or any remax for that matter if you're own fault. I can't base trade with terran because they can lift or rally units in my production, and i cant attack as well as protoss because the way warp gates reinforce works , they shouldnt !@#$% about our mechanics as well...... do as to others as you want done to yourself.
Reply Quote

EDIT: Plus we're not suppose to have good all-around units. Our units are meant to be more specialized.

Then I wish Zerg had truly specialized units that did something the other races would both acknowledge as indisputably Zergy.
Reply Quote
All I know is they need to stop giving the other races so much crap to turtle and defend with. I lose games just because Protoss can shield there whole base from my units getting in and he just builds up and Death Balls me. Or terran walling off with tanks in the rear. WTF blizz. I'm hoping the Viper brings back some of that SC1 feeling again.

And yes I know alot of people think zerg is cheap. But how could we be? We have to keep Queens to keep up with units. Toss just warps in. Terran can pump out TWO marines at a time on each rack!! And seeing how most have 4 or more that's 8 units at a time!!

Our units sucks overall because they can be kited with ease. Or blocked off. Toss gets to warp in units anywhere he puts a Pylon for 100 minerals while my nydus takes 200m and gas then ANOTHER 100 of each. Then you have to HOPE they don't kill it before it bust out the ground.

Zerg is Under-Powered the most. The first time I got to Plat was with Terran.. It was so easy.. Just MMM or MMT. Easiest wins I had.
Reply Quote
Infested i feel you man tanks are just field control units or defense units but i hate there dps combine that with marines its op i lost a pack of 2 2 roachs to marines after i killed all his tanks marines and tanks counter all builds even to this day.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]