Global play, game client and CN account

@Traysent once said:
Keep in mind that once Global Play is released, you'll be able to switch regions on the login screen and will NOT have to download multiple StarCraft II clients.

But we all know that CN service will not available to join the Global Play. So I have a question:

If I want to play in CN service, I will not only have to buy a CN account, but also download the CN client or use some 3rd party tools to change my US client into CN client. Right?
Edited by StarOFdadA on 1/28/2013 7:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
@Traysent once said:
Keep in mind that once Global Play is released, you'll be able to switch regions on the login screen and will NOT have to download multiple StarCraft II clients.

But we all know that CN service will not available to join the Global Play. So I have a question:

If I want to play in CN service, I will not only have to buy a CN account, but also download the CN client or use some 3rd party tools to change my US client into CN client. Right?

CN is completely separate service, the only thing it has common with our Battle.net is the name (it's not even maintained by Blizzard). You have to create a new account on a new service which looks similar to "real" Battle.net. You are required to provide Chinese national ID number, address etc.

3rd party tools are not supported nor encouraged by Blizzard in any way (for a reason) so do not expect support on this one.
Edited by OldEnt on 1/29/2013 5:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 05:27 PMPosted by OldEnt
You have to create a new account on a new service which looks similar to "real" Battle.net. You are required to provide Chinese national ID number, address etc.

It is not a big deal.

The point is the client. For example, if I am a Chinese player who bought a US, SEA or TW account?
Reply Quote
You have to create a new account on a new service which looks similar to "real" Battle.net. You are required to provide Chinese national ID number, address etc.

It is not a big deal.

The point is the client. For example, if I am a Chinese player who bought a US, SEA or TW account?

It is a completely separate service. Completely different game. You need to obtain both game client and license for the game.
Edited by OldEnt on 1/30/2013 9:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 09:43 PMPosted by OldEnt
It is a completely separate service. Completely different game. You need to obtain both game client and license for the game.

Thank you.

Now I'd like to ask a Blizzard Staff to answer my question:

Now I have both CN and US accounts, can I use one client to log in these 2 different regions?

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/2288904/1/StarOFdadA/
http://www.battlenet.com.cn/sc2/zh/profile/4572/1/StarOFdadA/
Edited by StarOFdadA on 2/1/2013 7:40 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]