StarCraft® II

"Updating Blizzard launcher" game wont launch

Starcraft has worked fine the whole time i have owned it since it came out. but now when i try to open it, a download starts for a patch or something and then it gets stuck at about 70 percent. The only thing it says is "updating blizzard launcher..."

Has anyone else had this problem before or know what to do?

Btw: I played the day or so before this happened. so there weren't a bunch of patches i am backed up on downloading. I dont think a patch has even been released in the last week.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
AnTibiotic, these suggestions may help with this issue. Let us know it goes, and we can work from there.
Ok it worked. not sure which change was the deciding factor. In one of the later ones, maybe the advanced troubleshooting section. Thanks
Edited by AnTibiotic on 1/29/2013 7:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
I had the same problem the suggestions by velnrak made it work for me. I only did step 5 which was deleting the Battle.net Tools folder because I knew the other suggestions wouldn't apply to my computer.
Thanks.
Reply Quote
How do I delete the Battle.net Tools folder with Windows 8?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
If you just start typing this, it should appear in the Start Menu search:
c:\programdata
Then delete the Battle.net folder. If that doesn't help, delete the Blizzard Entertainment folder as well.
it wont let me delete it
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
energystar, try restarting your computer, and then see if you can delete the Battle.net folder.
none of it worked for me. Any other suggestions?
Reply Quote
All the tips on this website have helped me out a lot when i encounter starcraft problems. THanks to all the people who put the !@#$ up here to tell me how to fix it. Saving me hours of time and frustration.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]