StarCraft® II

Quick question

How many Factories per base can I support?
Reply Quote
Depending on how you want to play you will usually want 1 for 2 bases. 2 for 3 bases. Assuming you chose to play bio.
Reply Quote
For mech i usually 1 rax fe than drop one with a reactor for hellion then a starport. After starport i drop another with tech lab. Then after i get 4 gas's and my scv count decent i usually put down 3 more usually after i do some kind of agression or defened some kind of aggression. With my hellion banshee.

So i wanna say 3 or 4 with tech labs off 2 base. But it really depends on what u are making how fast u are getting your upgrades and what u are making with your starport.
Also depends on if u are playing bio or mech.
For bio i put down 1 fact. per base until i start getting way to much gas then i'll add extra as needed.
Reply Quote
you bring in approx 250 gas per min on 2 geysers so 2 tech lab factories per base. I like another mineral dump reactor factory since hellions are important. So 3 facs on 1 base and 5 on 2.
Reply Quote
*Noob speaking* If your running heavy mech why are hellions so important?
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 09:38 AMPosted by Wolfman
*Noob speaking* If your running heavy mech why are hellions so important?

Awesome harass with good micro, map control and map awareness (meaning you have a good read on what your opponent is up to), and great splash damage to light units as well as support damage for your heavier units like thors and tanks.

Edit: and they cost no gas lewl
Edited by Shakedown on 1/30/2013 10:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 10:05 AMPosted by Shakedown
Awesome harass with good micro, map control and map awareness (meaning you have a good read on what your opponent is up to), and great splash damage to light units as well as support damage for your heavier units like thors and tanks.

All true but actually not the main reason why they are crucial in mech play. Their function is to damage-tank and control space. They prevent the opponent from running on top of your sieged tanks.
Reply Quote
Okay, so 5 on 2 sounds good. What about Starport support?
Edited by Razgriz on 1/30/2013 10:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 reactored starport is enough in my opinion. You just need vikings to fend off perimeter and deny drop until turrets are up.
Reply Quote
5 factories on two bases sounds a bit much. I can't imagine you'd be able to mine enough gas to build that many tech lab units. Unless you're running 2 reactored factories, but even that seems too mineral heavy to support.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 10:07 AMPosted by ICEdKing

All true but actually not the main reason why they are crucial in mech play. Their function is to damage-tank and control space. They prevent the opponent from running on top of your sieged tanks.

You have the minerals to spare anyway :S and every other component of mech is countered by lings/zealots so you do need them. Don't over produce, but the best mech battles is when the only supply you lose is in hellions :D
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 12:49 PMPosted by Rathelm
5 factories on two bases sounds a bit much. I can't imagine you'd be able to mine enough gas to build that many tech lab units. Unless you're running 2 reactored factories, but even that seems too mineral heavy to support.

Figures may not be as accurate. i'm sure gas wise it is do-able but then you'd have no gas left for upgrades and tech. 5 facs is typically my go to number as I am setting up my 3rd. Perhaps someone with hard stats can offer a better answer
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 01:21 PMPosted by ICEdKing

Figures may not be as accurate. i'm sure gas wise it is do-able but then you'd have no gas left for upgrades and tech. 5 facs is typically my go to number as I am setting up my 3rd. Perhaps someone with hard stats can offer a better answer

I think at the tipping point of getting a third, that it sounds like a reasonable number. You have to wait for the factories and tech labs to finish anyways while your 3rd gets started :S
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 10:07 AMPosted by ICEdKing

Indeed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]