Newkirk

How do you hold a bane bust or roach bane all in's on Newkirk and where is the best place to put the bunker?
Reply Quote
you dont put 1 bunker you put a few, and then you add a full barracks wall in front, so banelings need to break that to get to bunker
Reply Quote
Seems like a massive investment to cover the ramp on that map? And assuming your playing standard hellion banshee.
Reply Quote
If you are going hellion banshee you shouldnt have to worry about those all ins. kill lings and banes with hellions and roaches with banshees.
If you are not going hellion banshee you need to either get 1-2 quick tanks or 3-4 bunkers with a supply depot walll.
Reply Quote
yeah if you go hellion banshee you dont even really need a wall you can kite them all the way across the map. i give up my natural if i see a bust coming on this map, ill posistion my cc behind the wall and they waste tons of banelings on that and i pull most of my scvs into the main and stagger like 5-6 randomly to soak up the rest of the banelings. then i immediatly all in with the all most of my scvs and units and usually win as they dont have enoug hgas to re up on lots of banelings .

NOTE: i am not good at this game (only in gold) and tvz is my worst matchup but i do very wlel vs baneling busts. ling bling festor is a whole different story
Edited by raiderryan on 1/30/2013 10:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
If you are going hellion banshee you shouldnt have to worry about those all ins. kill lings and banes with hellions and roaches with banshees.
If you are not going hellion banshee you need to either get 1-2 quick tanks or 3-4 bunkers with a supply depot walll.

So where do you put your starting bunker to stop roach rushes or early speedling attacks?
Reply Quote

So where do you put your starting bunker to stop roach rushes or early speedling attacks?

If I scout gas I put it next to the gas geyser
Reply Quote

If I scout gas I put it next to the gas geyser

me too and i build another one diagnolly on top of the cc to prevent run bys to the other side of the mineral line and my other geyser. this posistioning is so much better then just the standard top of the ramp. the map is too big and scvs will never get there to repair at the ramp and also it prevents run bys and protects your main also
Reply Quote
Dont cover the ramp with bunkers. Good bunker placement is near the ramp with at least a depot wall bridging to the CC.

That way, SCVs can essentially block the bunker's surface area incredibly easily, and if he tries to do a runby, you can still shoot at the lings from inside the bunker. Putting the bunker on the ramp leads to massive amounts of surface area for banelings, lings, roaches, etc. to hit your buildings. Since Zerg hardly has any ranged units, you also don't really need the benefits that ramp blocking bunkers bring in TvZ.

Since he's busting and you should see it coming, put 2 bunkers back there, one behind the mineral line I'd say and maybe one on the high ground. If you have addon-less rax hanging around, float those down as well. Anything to reduce surface area is a good thing.
Edited by IndigO on 2/1/2013 7:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
speaking of newkirk i just had a zerg do an awesome strategy that would have def killed me if i wasnt doing polts hellion marauder timing at the same time. im half way across the map with my whole army at like the 9 minute mark when a nydus worm erupts with mass speedlings and baenlings in my main. I lifted off and sacrificed my scvs and just killed him and barely had enough army to kill both of his hatchs and all his drones and rest of his army had like 3 marauders in red zone left when he gged.

thought it was a pretty cool game
Reply Quote
Veto?
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 05:41 PMPosted by VIPER
Veto?

No i don't hate the map its just difficult to get the correct location for the bunker to cover the ramp and your natural mineral line against speed lings but i have some good ideas from this thread anyway.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]