StarCraft® II

In-Game Forum Support (:

Imagine being able to read and post on the forums from inside the game.. The forum UI would no longer be limited to the format of a website, it could be something more user-friendly!

This would encourage gamers to read and participate in forum activity and give players a stronger sense of community whilst in-game.

Besides, I hate having to minimize the game to get to the forums.

Support for things like forums, videos, live streaming etc. would be a huge step forwards in terms of community development, popularity and social interaction.
Reply Quote
I think this is a good idea, though it is true that the bnet forums arn't exactly the epicenter of the SC scene. I can't see how it would hurt, and could definitely give people more reasons to log in to SC2
Reply Quote
I actually really, really like this idea.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 05:57 AMPosted by Anesthetic
Most people would prefer to go to the teamliquid forums, compared to the sc2 community at teamliquid, reddit and even 4chan's, the bnet forums are quite small.

Other forums (with permission) could also be incorporated into the system as well! Wouldn't be that hard to do, considering TL was made by SC2 fans FOR SC2 fans! I'm SURE the development team AND TL.net would be in favor of supporting such a system! It's a win-win for everyone! :)
Reply Quote
This is a good idea. It would lead to more forum activity and that means more people getting help as well as more people providing advice and answers.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
Well I certainly wouldn't be against it. We'd get a few more rage threads from people fresh from losses, but we'd also get a lot more general attention, more people, and more ideas/discussion.
Reply Quote
So now you can make a QQ thread after losing game even faster.

+1
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 07:01 PMPosted by Doncroft
Well I certainly wouldn't be against it. We'd get a few more rage threads from people fresh from losses, but we'd also get a lot more general attention, more people, and more ideas/discussion.

I can certainly see rage-threads being a problem, though the threads could be channeled into an "I just lost!" feedback discussion category. It wouldn't completely filter the rage, but it'd certainly dampen the blow. And yes, ideas and discussions would blossom with activity!

02/01/2013 06:38 PMPosted by HeReTiC
This is a good idea. It would lead to more forum activity and that means more people getting help as well as more people providing advice and answers.

Thanks for the support guys!
Reply Quote
I'd like it, more activity is always nice. Maybe the community can rival teamliquid's, although including teamliquid's page would be cool too.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 07:53 PMPosted by Maps
I'd like it, more activity is always nice. Maybe the community can rival teamliquid's, although including teamliquid's page would be cool too.
With the reputation we have, I kind of doubt that that would ever happen.

Also, teamliquid.net is very centered around the tournaments, and LR threads often take up hundreds of pages, depending on the size of the tournament. We would need a half-dozen threads for a single tournament at least if we had a community anywhere near that size.
Reply Quote
So now you can make a QQ thread after losing game even faster.

+1

^

I like it.
Reply Quote
I like the idea. However, I believe it's fine the way it is.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]