StarCraft® II

Feedback on Replay Features

02/03/2013 06:17 AMPosted by TheSkunk
Care to elaborate? What would replay publication do that would make it "10x easier" that can't be accomplished by hosting the replay and having your friends join it?
Um, basically, its for replays that you don't necessarily want to watch with your friends, but want to publish. It removes the need to go through something like drop.sc.

I suppose if they institute:
Replay Folder for Downloaded Replays: Quite simple: A folder where replays will be stored when a friend invites you to view a replay you don't have. Options to choose if these are automatically saved or not would be nice.
this would lose relevance.
But basically, i want this:
Public Replay List: On the replay tab, there should be an "Open Replay List" like the custom games section. You should be able to open a replay lobby to the public, so anyone can watch.
except as a method of allowing people to watch it without you. Right now, watching a replay that is published, like the replays for the replay wars, is somewhat of a hassle, which requires you to download a file, dig up the folder that replays go in, log into the game, and load the replay. If you could do this all in game, say, through allowing groups to have replay packs of published replays, it would this so much easier, as you could download the replay and then load and watch it.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
Right -- so kind of like the custom map system, where you can just search in the arcade rather then download maps from a website like you had to in Wc3.

I'm still curious as to how it would work; though. In the map system, you can't have multiple maps with the same name, and there is no way to go to someones profile and see a list of their published maps.

If I could say, go your profile and there was a list of all replays you uploaded and I could also use the link system to link to them, I could easily see its use.
Edited by TheSkunk on 2/3/2013 7:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 06:39 AMPosted by TheSkunk
I'm still curious as to how it would work; though. In the map system, you can't have multiple maps with the same name, and there is no way to go to someones profile and see a list of their published maps.
Yeah, i thought that groups may be the mode of publication, so that teams and what not could publish replay packs from players in game, though publishing by players would works as well, just not as easily accessible.
Reply Quote
02/03/2013 06:39 AMPosted by TheSkunk
If I could say, go your profile and there was a list of all replays you uploaded and I could also use the link system to link to them, I could easily see its use.
I don't see why it couldn't be a button you press in the profile you are viewing simply labeled "Replays".
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
I don't see why it couldn't be a button you press in the profile you are viewing simply labeled "Replays".

It could -- or rather; would have to be in order to be that useful. At first I thought it overlapped with some features I already suggested, which is why I wanted clarification. It would be useful to not require drop.sc, but was trying to see if he had something a little more detailed in mind.

Yeah, i thought that groups may be the mode of publication, so that teams and what not could publish replay packs from players in game, though publishing by players would works as well, just not as easily accessible.

Implementing it in groups would be great as well. Now that there is shared replays it just feels like it should be easier to share replays within the game in general.
Reply Quote
it just feels like it should be easier to share replays within the game in general.
This, mainly, is what i wanted to get at.
Reply Quote
Allow AI. Pretty please! Allow us to load an AI player into a player slot when using "take control" -- I understand that the AI wouldn't be able to competently take over, but it would at least make the enemy units keep attacking. It would have limited use, yes, but there are cases when I want to do so.

100% agree with this. One thing that could make this really cool is if they let u A) choose what level difficulty AI to put in, and/or B) They used ur mmr in training vs AI and have that carry over to what level AI is put in.
It would be especially interesting if the AI attempted to stick to how the player played from the point of the takeover on but this i especially know would be very difficult to implement. GOGO BLizzard Hwaiting!
Reply Quote
quite a bit of project creep, but I agree all of these would be very nice improvements where feasible.
Reply Quote
Great posts Skunk I agree with you, blizzard should be more versatile and add more options in its replays.
Reply Quote
07/03/2014 07:43 PMPosted by DeathRoW
Great posts Skunk I agree with you, blizzard should be more versatile and add more options in its replays.

We are in 2014, time traveler.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]