StarCraft® II

Questions on building a comp

Hello, my buddy's comp recently gave out on him and has been out of the PC gaming world since. Hes on a budget so he hasn't been able to buy a comp and since i'm on one too, I couldn't really help him in buying a new one. Another problem is we're some what techyish but not on a big level and because of this we resort to buying already assembled computers from best buy and such and those are pretty pricey - especially since most people say you pay way too much for the level of technology their comps provide and can get a better "bang for your buck" deal by building one.

So my question is: How do we go about buying and building a computer from scratch that will provide a decent level of graphics and such for gaming and isn't going to run our money dry - for beginners? Maybe someone could point me in the right direction or to a great guide and website as to start my buddy's journey back into the gaming world?

Edit - Thanks for any feedback in advance, would go greatly appreciated.
Edited by Luckylou on 1/31/2013 12:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
If you haven't been on Tom's Hardware then that's a pretty good/big website focused on PC's. it has reviews, forums, charts and all kinda geeky crap.
Reply Quote
thanks for the reply bilbo, I'll look into it right away.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]