StarCraft® II

Hellbats

I have been playing HotS a decent amount and I have found that the Hellbat is a really annoying unit and when it is massed it is hard to counter that. A good source that would tell me a good counter for such a situation, would be nice, or some info on the spot right here. Any would be good.
Reply Quote
stalkers bro!
Reply Quote
it's actually pretty imba when in that slow move mode, it can kill like stalkers and any light units you throw at it
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 10:54 PMPosted by Jeriel
stalkers bro!
No...

Stalkers die to Hellbats so quickly it's not even funny... Yeah, they're pretty imbalanced right now.
Reply Quote
Yeah Helbats are a little imbalanced.

But try force field combined with stalker fire.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 05:52 AMPosted by Quirriff
But try force field combined with stalker fire.
That's kinda hard to do when you're prioritizing gas for Immortals or Colossi and upgrades...
Reply Quote
Well Collosus should be able to deal with them on mass, which is what the OP is talking about.

Archons would also do I guess, the only concern is they could just transform into vehicle mode and harrass if you invest in too many slow units.

That's why I suggested Force Field...It will stop or slow down their movement....I guess Time Warp will also do. As they're close combat units they need to move to their targets. impediments like time warps or force fields are quite suitable.
Reply Quote
Well Collosus should be able to deal with them on mass, which is what the OP is talking about.

Archons would also do I guess, the only concern is they could just transform into vehicle mode and harrass if you invest in too many slow units.

That's why I suggested Force Field...It will stop or slow down their movement....I guess Time Warp will also do. As they're close combat units they need to move to their targets. impediments like time warps or force fields are quite suitable.
What do you mean by "warps"?

And no colossus is not the solution since the Terran will have vikings and tanks as well, which makes using Colossi a colossal waste of money... :P The alternative could be psi-storm, but 2 base Hellbat pushing actually hits well before storm, and it is why it is imbalanced. In lategame, if there are hellbats, tanks and mines + viking/Raven support, you basically cannot really do much because your HT will never get in range, your colossi get vaporised, you archon/Zealot don't exist, etc, etc. If your opponent is playing poorly, you can probably get a chance to beat him with better positioning, but as of now, Hellbats are too strong and need to be toned down to allow Protoss to at least use Blink Stalkers against Hellbats...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]