StarCraft® II

Oh for Eight

My first night back after 2 months off and I feel like I'm trying to play with my feet or something.

0 - 8. Had a close TvT, got busted by a Zerg...

and the rest were Protoss. All but one of which cheesed me. :\ Good to know some things haven't changed since I've been gone. On the upside, if I keep this up, I might get to plow through some gold players. :D

So, has anything major shifted in the meta since the beginning of December? Any matches that I just gotta watch, or new strategies? Fill me in, please. :)

(Ready for some HotS single player action!)
Reply Quote
I lost 10 in a row when I started playing again in January. I didn't play since last june or july. I had a 10 loss streak, and I was playing people one league bellow me. Now I'm routinely playing people one league above me.

The meta hasn't shifted much, you are probably just rusty.
Reply Quote
Nope, nothing changed. And you can't take that much time off.
Reply Quote
My first night back after 2 months off and I feel like I'm trying to play with my feet or something.

0 - 8. Had a close TvT, got busted by a Zerg...

and the rest were Protoss. All but one of which cheesed me. :\ Good to know some things haven't changed since I've been gone. On the upside, if I keep this up, I might get to plow through some gold players. :D

So, has anything major shifted in the meta since the beginning of December? Any matches that I just gotta watch, or new strategies? Fill me in, please. :)

(Ready for some HotS single player action!)

0-12 this season so far....most toss no Zerg to be found although I am sure outcome woudl have been the same. Stopped playing ladder unfortunately for the time being. Waiting for Dead Space 3 lol.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 11:24 PMPosted by creatineRAGE

Oh, I'm definitely a lot rusty. :P

I'm still at the point where I'm putting all my attention into keeping up my macro, so that I don't have much left to focus on other things, like scouting, micro, etc. The one Protoss who went for a macro game just needed to wait until Storm was done. I have no defense for a blanket of storms at the moment. T_T

I'm not complaining about the losses. I expected them. My first game of the evening was a TvT vs a diamond dude, and I am pretty happy that it was a close game. I would've taken it, if my unit control wasn't so bad right now. It'll start coming back...

I *am* complaining that 3/4 of the games that I played, last night, were cheesy Protosses (and one all-in Zerg). Jerks! >:(

01/31/2013 11:37 PMPosted by Rathelm
And you can't take that much time off.

Sure you can. You just have to expect to be horrible when you return.

0-12 this season so far....most toss no Zerg to be found although I am sure outcome woudl have been the same. Stopped playing ladder unfortunately for the time being. Waiting for Dead Space 3 lol.

I quit worrying about my ladder ranking long ago. It occurred to me that I'll never go pro, don't want to go pro, and thus do not need to compare myself to the pros. I'd rather have fun in Platinum / Diamond than be stressed any higher up (though I wouldn't mind making Diamond again as a personal achievement). This game has been a lot more fun since then... but I still needed a break from it over the holidays. Holidays are stressful. O_o
Reply Quote

I quit worrying about my ladder ranking long ago. It occurred to me that I'll never go pro, don't want to go pro, and thus do not need to compare myself to the pros. I'd rather have fun in Platinum / Diamond than be stressed any higher up (though I wouldn't mind making Diamond again as a personal achievement). This game has been a lot more fun since then... but I still needed a break from it over the holidays. Holidays are stressful. O_o

This is the best attitude to have about this game. As far as the Meta-is concerned, Tvanything hasn't changed in a while, but PvZ is all about the Immortal-sentry all-in now (since BWC). And, Protoss players have found ways to safely expand in PvP.
Reply Quote
was on a sucky losing streak a few days ago now im on a heater again..... always comes in waves for me i never win like 3/5 games ill like win 5 then lose 6 then win 7 lose 4 etc etc
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 06:15 AMPosted by MattOverMind

Oh, I'm definitely a lot rusty. :P

I'm still at the point where I'm putting all my attention into keeping up my macro, so that I don't have much left to focus on other things, like scouting, micro, etc. The one Protoss who went for a macro game just needed to wait until Storm was done. I have no defense for a blanket of storms at the moment. T_T

I'm not complaining about the losses. I expected them. My first game of the evening was a TvT vs a diamond dude, and I am pretty happy that it was a close game. I would've taken it, if my unit control wasn't so bad right now. It'll start coming back...

I *am* complaining that 3/4 of the games that I played, last night, were cheesy Protosses (and one all-in Zerg). Jerks! >:(

And you can't take that much time off.

Sure you can. You just have to expect to be horrible when you return.

I agree, but everyone likes to win....this is just demoralizing....
Reply Quote
I missed 3 days and I went 2 - 7 last night in HotS. I suck right now.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 10:48 PMPosted by MattOverMind
the rest were Protoss. All but one of which cheesed me. :\

That crappy moment where you realize you lost to the ancient four-gate.

I never know whether to be mad at my opponent, or myself.
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 02:44 PMPosted by Chaz
the rest were Protoss. All but one of which cheesed me. :\

That crappy moment where you realize you lost to the ancient four-gate.

I never know whether to be mad at my opponent, or myself.

Heh, I lost to a 4gate and a cannon rusher. Though to be fair, I held the cannon rush and tried to get fancy with mass Banshees... He got Colossus first. I tried to go retaliate after I cleaned up the cannons, but he cannoned the crap out of his ramp. If I'd just gone MMMV, I would've been OK.
Reply Quote
If it makes you feel any better, this is my record in the beta so far:

http://imgur.com/bla9QMz

and I'm 2 leagues lower in the beta than I am on live. It's somewhat embarrassing, but then I don't really care all that much.
Edited by Delmin on 2/2/2013 5:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
If it makes you feel any better, this is my record in the beta so far:

http://imgur.com/bla9QMz

and I'm 2 leagues lower in the beta than I am on live. It's somewhat embarrassing, but then I don't really care all that much.

ouch is the game play really different.... im worried about HOTS as i feel like im making some good headway in wol and dont want to start over yet
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 05:41 PMPosted by raiderryan
ouch is the game play really different.... im worried about HOTS as i feel like im making some good headway in wol and dont want to start over yet

Right now in HotS there are a lot of good players in the wrong league: I felt like I had to earn my spot in HotS bronze league (I'm WoL gold), and when I watch the replays I am just outclassed sometimes. I actually got to play against a masters player once and he stomped me like none other. Also, some strats are OP right now, so we're still tweaking units.

When HotS opens up to the masses and we're all placed in the proper leagues, I think it will be fine for the most part.

P.S. The gameplay is different, yes. Some of the useless units are now useful again for all three races, and the mine and the bossbat are feeling pretty good right now. I used to 1 rax FE, but now I get gas before I do and I be sure to scout more than I did in WoL.
Edited by JorgeCis on 2/2/2013 6:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
im looking forward to the bossbat, im worried its gonna get nerfed, it seems like its a great addition to the bio ball. i dont use reapers now and dont really see myself using them in hots, the widow mine i have no idea what to do with it other then static defense/early warning around the map but look forward to playing around with it. really stoked for the hellbat tho
Reply Quote
Ohhh it's the cool MattOverMind ... Guazaaap dude?

Well i think you're rusty. The same thing happens to me actually, i'm not playing too much and i'm pretty sure the "myself" of a year ago will totally ROFLSTOMP me now :O

just need to practice again and you'll do great

cheers
Reply Quote
Ohhh it's the cool MattOverMind ... Guazaaap dude?

Well i think you're rusty. The same thing happens to me actually, i'm not playing too much and i'm pretty sure the "myself" of a year ago will totally ROFLSTOMP me now :O

just need to practice again and you'll do great

cheers

I'm rusted shut, man. ^^ It's starting to shake off a little. I'm having fun relearning, so I guess that's what really counts.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]