StarCraft® II

Switching to Mech, how many Factories?

Hey all,

Like many Terrans, I've been getting slapped around by Zerg AoE, so I've decided to start working on Mech in practice games.

I've heard that you float a lot of minerals when Meching, but I had no idea How MANY minerals.

So, How many factories should I have when I take my third? How many do I add? And most importantly, how many do I have with tech labs and how many with reactors? Should I just constantly be trading Hellions with my extra minerals? Or am I better off getting bunkers and marines? Or mass turret?
Reply Quote
I usually have 5 factories once I have the 3rd up and running, 3tech, 2reactor. I also have double armories pumping and a tech'd Starport. Once I secure a forth, I personally like to add on 3 more tech'd ports, so that I can have a flexible airforce vs hive (Viking / Raven vs Broods/Corruptor or Banshees to help vs Ultras).

The extra minerals need to go into mass OCs. Once you're in the late game, you can land and spam Mules at any base that you want and only need 6 SCVs per base for gas. The secret to Terran in any match up is mass OCs in the late game. ;)
Reply Quote
Hey all,

Like many Terrans, I've been getting slapped around by Zerg AoE, so I've decided to start working on Mech in practice games.

I've heard that you float a lot of minerals when Meching, but I had no idea How MANY minerals.

So, How many factories should I have when I take my third? How many do I add? And most importantly, how many do I have with tech labs and how many with reactors? Should I just constantly be trading Hellions with my extra minerals? Or am I better off getting bunkers and marines? Or mass turret?

Depends:
-on how often you wall off with Engineering Bays+Supply Depots.
-on how often you throw those excess minerals at expansions and planetaries.
-on how much hellion harrassment you throw around.
-on how many turrets you place around the map.
etc.
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7810051578

ask away!

In answer to your question. When you mech your gearing up for a big pre hive push! You want 4 tech lab factories and 1 reactor. Tanks are your heavy hitters before hive tech. So you want 4 with tech labs so you can pump out tons of tanks.

If you are floating minerals and gas drop another one though, but if your keeping up your production you shouldnt have any extra gas
Reply Quote
Thanks for all your answers!

@John,

Yeah, I havn't had much problem spending gas, in fact it feels like between making Thors to counter his mutas and upgrades for a heavy timing push I'm constantly gasping for lack of gas lol
Reply Quote
You can work off of 4 factories on 2 bases 1 reactored and 3 techlab. On the 3rd you can drop 1 more reactored and 2 starports.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]