StarCraft® II

How to stop terrans rush

Around 8 mins 5 Mara and like 7 marines its hard for protoss to get up early units and how can I tell if Terran is going rush or not
Reply Quote
scout at 6 mins...
If you see an expansion its probably safe. If you don't, build units...

8 mins is a long time. What are you doing for 8 minutes that allows 7 marines to roll over you?
Reply Quote
Scout and see. An early robo would totally negate the attack 1-2 immortals + a few sentries and zealots/stalkers would completely smack down that attack. You can also get out a fast Obs to see if the rush is coming at all.

If you get an early enough probe scout and see gas you can probably assume something aggressive is coming your way. Poke up his natural ramp periodically (Assuming you don't go for a fast robo) with a Stalker to check for a bunker/expansion.

Edit: Personally I just go for a 1 Robo 1 Gate expand build against Terran. Observers and immortals keep you safe from pretty much anything he can throw at you early on.
Edited by Gathris on 2/6/2013 12:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 06:41 PMPosted by PAINling
7 marines to roll over you

You realize 5 marauders make a HUGE difference right..?
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 01:55 PMPosted by AMadWalrus
7 marines to roll over you

Only if you have a lot of Stalkers or if they mash out Concussive Shell.
Reply Quote
Sentries and Zealots. If you keep up your Macro, the standard 1 Gate FE with Sentry/Zealot defense crushes any early Terran push.

It's after 10 minutes that you'd better have already chosen your Tech
Reply Quote
02/06/2013 02:26 PMPosted by Rathelm

So, you're implying Conc Shells is hard to get? 'kay.
Reply Quote
Nobody is rushing with 5 marauders plus marines. The only way that can really happen is like 2 rax tech lab making only marauders, which is retarded. A serious stim all-in could have those numbers, but that isn't really a rush at that point especially off 2 bases (and if they do it from 1 base, protoss has no excuse not to be prepared)
Reply Quote
Back when I laddered I did a 1Gate Expand for PvT and had charge up at 8 minutes. Think I'd pretty much hard counter the guy :P
Reply Quote
02/05/2013 06:08 PMPosted by HsGForTheWin
Around 8 mins 5 Mara and like 7 marines its hard for protoss to get up early units and how can I tell if Terran is going rush or not
If The Terran is not expanded by 4-5mins, drop 2-3 more gates and delay your Robotics.

If you get a robo, you will be low on sentries and you WILL die.

When you 1 gate FE, you WILL know if Terran is 1 basing or 2 basing, and if it is 1 base, then you get 4 gates first, and keep making sentries upto around 4-5, then use a lot of Zealots and 2-3 Stalkers. This will handle an 8 min stim push on 1 base easily. As long as you keep up warp-ins while microing and you don't mess up Forcefields, you can hold this aggression, and it will mostly be because of your expansion and extra gate. However, once you push him back, you immediately rush for Colossus on 2 base and all-in that Terran hardcore because if he did that attack, he will either have no tech (like no medivacs or vikings), or he will have tech and a REALLY tiny army. Either way, you WILL win with a 2 base Colossus/Stalker/Sentry all-in, immediately after you hold off that aggression.
Reply Quote
getting charge as soon as possible is very good against early pressure without medivacs.
Reply Quote
Chargelot/Archon, Immortal/Sentry, 4-Gate, Gate/Star/Robo... I could use any of those on 1 base to beat that.

If you want to expand, then 3-gate expand or 1-gate 1-robo with Sentries. After you hold the push, get either Colossi or Archons and Storm. Defensive DTs can work too if you don't lose them all to a couple scans -- it'll force Ravens from the Terran.

Just make sure to keep your Probes building, if you need to pull them to fight then do so. If you kill the first push and have enough unit production, you should be able to kill the Terran after his rush.

Sentries are awesome, btw.
Reply Quote

No, its rather easy to get, but conc shell by 8 minutes either means he didn't get stim first, not wise, or he's got 2 tech labs which means the marine count will be low.
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 10:34 AMPosted by Danule
getting charge as soon as possible is very good against early pressure without medivacs.
Yes, but charge finishes at around 9:30 mins. Too late for a 7-8 min push.

The best response is good forcefields and 4 gates at least, on 2 base. Delayed Robo tech.
Reply Quote

No, its rather easy to get, but conc shell by 8 minutes either means he didn't get stim first, not wise, or he's got 2 tech labs which means the marine count will be low.

Conc first is standard in tvp..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]