StarCraft® II

Cannot log into beta

Everytime I try to log into the beta, it says "This Battle.net account either does not include a copy of Starcraft II, or has run out of game time. Please click ADD OR BUY GAME to add time, or purchase the game."

I pre-ordered, which said I get beta access? What's happening! Thanks in advance!
Edited by Incisus on 2/2/2013 5:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
When did you preorder?

They generally invite in waves, which is around once a week. So if you preordered just before making this post, there's a pretty high chance that they didn't fire off their latest wave yet.

Keep in mind that they did not send me an email, I just had to log on one day and it turned out that I had the beta.
Reply Quote
When did you preorder?

They generally invite in waves, which is around once a week. So if you preordered just before making this post, there's a pretty high chance that they didn't fire off their latest wave yet.

Keep in mind that they did not send me an email, I just had to log on one day and it turned out that I had the beta.

I just read the blog about beta.

This was very misleading, as it say in a big banner before I hit submit purchase, that I would be given INSTANT beta access (only reason I pre-ordered). This was deceiving, but thank you for the heads up.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
This was very misleading, as it say in a big banner before I hit submit purchase, that I would be given INSTANT beta access (only reason I pre-ordered). This was deceiving, but thank you for the heads up.

Really? Where does it say that? I've never seen that message before.

Even still, how long ago did you pre-order? If it does advertise "instant" access (which it did not before) knowing when you pre-ordered would help in solving the issue.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 07:50 AMPosted by TheSkunk

Really? Where does it say that? I've never seen that message before.

Even still, how long ago did you pre-order? If it does advertise "instant" access (which it did not before) knowing when you pre-ordered would help in solving the issue.

No, I assure you. When clicking on the product to buy, a yellow banner with black text showed two pieces of information, one was an article saying you could now pre-order SC2 (in the article, it explicitly stated that pre-ordering it gave instant beta access) This is the ONLY reason I preorderd, I looked at it two days in a row before giving in and buying it.

Anyhow, I purchased it on 01/25/2013.
Edited by Incisus on 2/2/2013 8:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
I mean, it is what is is.

I'm 99% sure I read it correctly, but either way I originally posted to find out what happened.

Guess I'll wait for a "wave".
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
No, I assure you. When clicking on the product to buy, a yellow banner with black text showed two pieces of information, one was an article saying you could now pre-order SC2 (in the article, it explicitly stated that pre-ordering it gave instant beta access) This is the ONLY reason I preorderd, I looked at it two days in a row before giving in and buying it.

I'm not saying you are wrong; but it would definitely be a change from the original policy if it was true -- so I'd like to see it for myself if I could. If you could get to where you saw the image and link it to me, I'd appreciate it.
Reply Quote

I'm not saying you are wrong; but it would definitely be a change from the original policy if it was true -- so I'd like to see it for myself if I could. If you could get to where you saw the image and link it to me, I'd appreciate it.

I tried to find it again, but it isn't showing, presumably since I've already bought it.

Like I said, it may have been an error on my part, but I'm pretty positive I saw it, as it's the direct reason I pre-ordered. Oh well, nothing I can do. Thanks for the responses.
Edited by Incisus on 2/2/2013 1:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/01/2013 06:04 PMPosted by Delmin

Nope, my brother got immediate access after order HotS, and then so did I when I pre-ordered 2 days later.

If the you ordered the game, you should be able to beta-test.
Edited by TornadoXIII on 2/2/2013 1:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 01:33 PMPosted by TornadoXIII

Nope, my brother got immediate access after order HotS, and then so did I when I pre-ordered 2 days later.

If the you ordered the game, you should be able to beta-test.

Did you see that instant-access message as well?
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
Hm. I had someone I know who had not yet bought HotS, and didn't see that message anywhere (he already had the beta, though, if that counts) so I thought maybe you were at some special promotional page.

The best I could find was this: http://bnetcmseu-a.akamaihd.net/cms/ad_300x250/TALU7P7MKG061358351893283.jpg which of course still specifies weekly, not instant.

Yet still, people like TornadoXIII claim it is instant for them. In any case, I've forwarded your thread to the blues -- they should be able to confirm if you ought to have the beta by now or not. (After all, it has been over a week since you pre-ordered anyway)
Reply Quote
Hm. I had someone I know who had not yet bought HotS, and didn't see that message anywhere (he already had the beta, though, if that counts) so I thought maybe you were at some special promotional page.

The best I could find was this: http://bnetcmseu-a.akamaihd.net/cms/ad_300x250/TALU7P7MKG061358351893283.jpg which of course still specifies weekly, not instant.

Yet still, people like TornadoXIII claim it is instant for them. In any case, I've forwarded your thread to the blues -- they should be able to confirm if you ought to have the beta by now or not. (After all, it has been over a week since you pre-ordered anyway)

Thanks for taking your time to assist me, it's greatly appreciated.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]