StarCraft® II

Mechanics of Starcraft: Warp Prism + Crystals

Warp Prism: http://youtu.be/qphLTPprYJk
Crystals: http://youtu.be/QHhG2b41MCY

So guys, as always, talk it up.
Edited by zappy on 2/15/2013 8:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
LOL

sorry don't mean to bm, I trolled zerpy a smidge. Sorry zypry!
Edited by Ponera on 2/3/2013 10:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
*crickets*

zmppy I really think we need to revisit your series it turns out doncroft has forum "buzz" now and you are...well, can I show you a selection of doors? You can walk through one of them of your choice.
Reply Quote
good work.

Have a biscuit.
Edited by Enigma on 2/3/2013 11:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'll edit this with a response in a minuet or two.

Yeah, you could use heat to do it, but I suspect that you could accompilsh the same tasks by using vibration harmonic resonance similar to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS67HA4YMCs but replacing sound with the vibrational frequency of the intended crystal crystal lattice.

Since you are able to store immense amounts of data within the crystal lattice, perhaps the warp the units using this http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_known_effects_of_fractal_non-linear_resonance with an entropy accelerator which sources from the data housed within a small crystal lattice on board the prism. At least this would allow the warp prism to source compiler information directly onsite without having to request from off world.

You know when you warp-in the units and you hear those weird oscillating frequencies? Might have something to to with it... The geometric warp-in fields generated by the pylons look awfully close to the Flower of Life pattern..

As for generating the electromagnetism, maybe it's a combantion of the high-heating method you mentioned in you video and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piezoelectricity which could be generated by the forced resonant vibrational frequency.
Edited by RootKit on 2/3/2013 11:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
Where's Eugene?
Reply Quote
probably sleeping on the job like normal
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 12:42 AMPosted by Ponera

Do you and a majority of other general discussion posters work for Blizzard?
Reply Quote

Do you and a majority of other general discussion posters work for Blizzard?

Nah, if we did blizz would post in their discussion round up about us streaming and working with incontrol instead of random threads about music or derp.

GJ blizz
Edited by Ponera on 2/4/2013 12:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
Nah, if we did blizz would post in their discussion round up about us streaming and working with incontrol instead of random threads about music or derp.

GJ blizz

Ahh I see, good point. Yeah they are trying pretty hard to build this "community" image in the forums. Reeks like the Triangle.
Reply Quote
Interesting, i have to admit, i did not know that there was an intellectual side of RootKit. I am very impressed. Anyway, on to the answering of questions.

02/03/2013 11:21 PMPosted by RootKit
Yeah, you could use heat to do it, but I suspect that you could accompilsh the same tasks by using vibration harmonic resonance similar to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS67HA4YMCs but replacing sound with the vibrational frequency of the intended crystal crystal lattice.
i'm going to be honest, i'm not entirely sure what you're referencing. Perhaps you could clarify?

Since you are able to store immense amounts of data within the crystal lattice, perhaps the warp the units using this http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_known_effects_of_fractal_non-linear_resonance with an entropy accelerator which sources from the data housed within a small crystal lattice on board the prism. At least this would allow the warp prism to source compiler information directly onsite without having to request from off world.
So with this idea, you would really only need the raw materials for warping in units at the warp site, very interesting. This would in essence make the warp prism a very effective hub, but i think we may be expecting too much from our little guy. Most of this should be able to take place at the warpgate, only moving over to the warp prism after first arriving on the planet.

You know when you warp-in the units and you hear those weird oscillating frequencies? Might have something to to with it... The geometric warp-in fields generated by the pylons look awfully close to the Flower of Life pattern..
This is very interesting, i've never thought to explain that before, but you may be on to something here, i'll try to elaborate more this afternoon.

As for generating the electromagnetism, maybe it's a combantion of the high-heating method you mentioned in you video and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piezoelectricity which could be generated by the forced resonant vibrational frequency.
You could be correct here, but the main reason i went for pyroelectricity instead is a matter of scale. I mentioned that pyroelectrics can be used in particle accelerators initiating nuclear fusion, well piezoelectrics are more commonly used in watches. While it is certainly possible, it is much easier to get the necessary power requirements from pyroelectrics.
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
Bump for that Warp Prism love.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 10:41 AMPosted by Anesthetic
YOUR TITLE CONFUSES ME.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Out of curiosity, what did you think about the crystal part?

And for that matter, would you read a guide that I wrote about using warp prisms?
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 04:41 AMPosted by zappy
Interesting, i have to admit, i did not know that there was an intellectual side of RootKit. I am very impressed.

Haha, I live off of my Mensa pension. I know many things about many things.

i'm going to be honest, i'm not entirely sure what you're referencing. Perhaps you could clarify?

When a specific sound frequency is applies to the metal plate, the sand dances into geometric patterns corresponding to the frequency being applied. The higher the frequency, the more complex and sophisticated the geometry comes. This means that matter and energy waves are able to interact and somehow extract information from somewhere.

Since matter is in a constant state of ultra high frequency vibration, perhaps we can extract/generate extremely complex patterns (like DNA, for example) and use super high-tech inkjet printer nozzles to effectively print DNA or other matter into an organised formation (such as an alloy or blood) in order to construct the desierd object/organism.

So with this idea, you would really only need the raw materials for warping in units at the warp site, very interesting. This would in essence make the warp prism a very effective hub, but i think we may be expecting too much from our little guy. Most of this should be able to take place at the warpgate, only moving over to the warp prism after first arriving on the planet.

Yeah that makes sense. The data would be stored and compiled in the cores of burnt out Stars (some of them are just giant chunks of solid Diamond floating around), streamed to the pylons then to the warp prism. This makes even more sense because it would explain the additional pylons needed to warp in more units; you need the additional Pylons for all the DNA and matter assembly information to be stored in.

This is very interesting, i've never thought to explain that before, but you may be on to something here, i'll try to elaborate more this afternoon.

It really feels like the game designers are screaming at you about real alien technology when I first played StarCraft II. All Protoss technology appears to be directly dependent on Scared Geometry principals in some way.

You could be correct here, but the main reason i went for pyroelectricity instead is a matter of scale. I mentioned that pyroelectrics can be used in particle accelerators initiating nuclear fusion, well piezoelectrics are more commonly used in watches. While it is certainly possible, it is much easier to get the necessary power requirements from pyroelectrics.

While pyroeletrics may be a more direct harnessing of energy, unless the Protoss have figured out a way to defeat the Conservation of Energy law, then they are going to need to extract energy in order to generate all that heat.

But, it's the Protoss. They probably boil space or something to do it. I just figured maybe with the forced resonance idea that it might be a way to start an initial system going, then just have it'self charge up like a capacitor then just release all the stored resonance at once, letting it build up over time again.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 04:45 PMPosted by RootKit
Since matter is in a constant state of ultra high frequency vibration, perhaps we can extract/generate extremely complex patterns
Hmmmm, i've never thought about it that way, we were considering having another warpgate episode to debate a few ideas and arrive at a consensus on how it works, would you be interested in that? You could explain this idea more fully and get it on the channel.

The data would be stored and compiled in the cores of burnt out Stars (some of them are just giant chunks of solid Diamond floating around), streamed to the pylons then to the warp prism
This makes sense, we have talked before about how pylons could be large quantum computers, and this could explain why.

It really feels like the game designers are screaming at you about real alien technology when I first played StarCraft II. All Protoss technology appears to be directly dependent on Scared Geometry principals in some way.
Honestly, my guess is they have a guy or two on the design team who at least is familiar with some of that "advanced geometry" and they tried to work it in as much as possible to fit the high tech protoss theme. That aside, we may be able to discern some logic behind why they would use it.

they are going to need to extract energy in order to generate all that heat.
Yes, alas, i am afraid i am not yet certain exactly how the protoss power all their stuff, but we do our best to explain what is done with the power once it is received.
Reply Quote
Yes, alas, i am afraid i am not yet certain exactly how the protoss power all their stuff, but we do our best to explain what is done with the power once it is received.

Khaydarin Crystals. They recieve power radiated (somehow) from a giant crystal inside Aiur. Khaydarin Crystals are capable of IMMENSE energy storage and transference.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 05:10 PMPosted by Kelthar

Khaydarin Crystals. They recieve power radiated (somehow) from a giant crystal inside Aiur. Khaydarin Crystals are capable of IMMENSE energy storage and transference.
http://imgur.com/lpidF2o
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 05:10 PMPosted by Kelthar

Haha, so are real Crystals. Silicon is a crystal. Silicon makes up 27.7 percent of the Earth's crust, second to Oxygen.

And we wonder why those obelisks in Egypt are made out of uniform 12 tonne towers of Granite, which is mostly crystal. Enough crystal to do this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoustic_levitation
but tuned to a much greater frequency than anything a soundwave could produce, something as high a frequency as say directed mass consciousness; it doesn't really matter what the source is.

This guy figured it out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Leedskalnin

Haha, look at that.

It took about 12 minuets to solve the riddle!

Some goodies: http://www.beatriceco.com/bti/porticus/bell/images/transistor1.jpg

That's the world's first transistor. Look at all that crystal. Invented December 1947 Rosewell: June or July 1947 ... Hummm...

Now there are great deal of these in your processors. They are as small as 22 nanometers in size. They are many times smaller than a human brain cell. Some people think that if you can crank enough pentaflops out of a processor it suddenly becomes sentient. That's probably not the case; it can certainly be intelligent but it cannot be sentient beyond random emotions based entirely on sensory input as an entropy source which, can over time, become rather good at guessing accurately.
Edited by RootKit on 2/4/2013 7:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 06:40 PMPosted by RootKit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoustic_levitation
We now know how pylons float!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]