StarCraft® II

Stop locking my account!

+1 and sticked!
Reply Quote
yeah its absolutely insane. they stole my other account before starcraft 2 and refused to give it back. they gave me some bull!@#$ absolutely bull%^-* excuse and actually requested me to send me a picture of my ID implying that would prove it was my account????? yeah, it was retarded, and never was able to get it back. Bunch of asshats.
Reply Quote
TRUST ME. write down your cd key somewhere, otherwise they might steal it and wont be able to retrieve it.
Reply Quote
OMG IKR! At the moment, I live between 3 houses....Mom's....occasionally dad's...and most often my college place. Every time I switch to a different location I have to unlock my account. It is so annoying!
Reply Quote
Community Manager
If you use multiple computers it is always best to associate an authenticator with your account. This will essentially keep your account from locking like this.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 10:30 AMPosted by Cloaken
If you use multiple computers it is always best to associate an authenticator with your account. This will essentially keep your account from locking like this.

Is there any way for him to resolve this problem without having to spend money on one of your company's products?
Reply Quote

Is there any way for him to resolve this problem without having to spend money on one of your company's products?

Seriously. Players shouldn't have to buy their way around an over tuned security system just to play at different locations.
Edited by cBselfmonkey on 2/2/2013 10:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
02/02/2013 10:36 AMPosted by cBselfmonkey
Seriously. Players shouldn't have to buy their way around an over tuned security system just to play at different locations.

All of our mobile authenticators are free to download.
Reply Quote
02/02/2013 10:42 AMPosted by Cloaken

All of our mobile authenticators are [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yYZLTxevPMY#t=55s"]free to download[/url].

My mistake then. Carry on good sir.
Reply Quote
I guess I'll check out the authenticators, but it's pretty frustrating to have to do that just to post on the forums... I work in a school with awful cell phone service, I don't know if that solution is going to work for me.

You should be able to disable these security features with the understanding that it's at your own risk and you're responsible if you lose your account.
Reply Quote
I guess I'll check out the authenticators, but it's pretty frustrating to have to do that just to post on the forums... I work in a school with awful cell phone service, I don't know if that solution is going to work for me.

You should be able to disable these security features with the understanding that it's at your own risk and you're responsible if you lose your account.

The authenticator actually works offline. I have it for my wifi only tablet and I don't need a connection to access or use it.
Reply Quote
The authenticator is more annoying than anything.

I removed mine.

But it will solve your problem
Reply Quote
I had this issue too, but I downloaded the authenticator, then "authenticated" this pc for 30 days on battle.net. It's all very easily, and I understand their privacy policy, given the issues with WoW.

So +1 to Android authenticator. (There's even a widget!)
Reply Quote
Also if you don't want to download an authenticator, the SMS text messaging system makes unlocking your account pretty easy. Though it's not an alternative in terms of making your account more secure.
Edited by Drow on 2/2/2013 11:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
can't you just change your password fort the account to unlock? that's what I did once. I don't have a mobile authenticator
Reply Quote

All of our mobile authenticators are [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yYZLTxevPMY#t=55s"]free to download[/url].
You guys are pretty awesome! :)
Reply Quote

I would always encounter this same problem the OP mentioned, glad to know there's a workaround that allows me to log through my phone, or at a friend's house or on a network that isn't my own from home.
Reply Quote
duuuude the EXACT thing was happening to me.... super annoying. just get the authenticator app (if you can) and it will just ask for that instead.
Reply Quote
Odd i live 100 miles from my house go home every weekend so i have 4-5 different IP adress, I travel alot due to my dads company perks its free, no issues EVER logging on one time I got an email and had to change my PW wonder what your doing wrong are u logging on from diff pc's?
Reply Quote

I don't have a phone. My account gets locked all the time because I log in to this website on different networks... How can I prevent this?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]